share a video

moreluck

golden ticket member
Stug,

What I got out of it is how computer illiterate I am. I am not a member of the blackberrys, the my spaces, the facebooks, etc. This new age has passed me by.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Stug,

What I got out of it is how computer illiterate I am. I am not a member of the blackberrys, the my spaces, the facebooks, etc. This new age has passed me by.
You and I could survive if everything electronic disappeared. I agree with all that you said. The only thing I do on the internet is my blog, emails and this weirdly addictive café.

Last edited:

wkmac

Check this out Scratch!

Years ago, my wife and I were serious sport cavers and we enjoyed the vertical stuff. I recently ran across a YouTube piece called Bouncing Golondrinas which is a 1200 ft. open air pit in Mexico. Seems someone fitted themselves with a camera to take us along for the ride. Enjoy the drop!

ON ROPE!

ON Belay!

wkmac

I'm satisfied just knowing there's a big hole there.....I don't need to go down into it !!

Yeah, but then you miss views like this

neversink-pit-521742-sw.jpg

And then views like this

3278610_41577_full.jpg

476676781_6da08fe56c.jpg

And I can't leave off Valhalla. The blot of yellow center/right in the pit is a caver on rope climbing the drop

The first pic is called Neversink, the next 2 are Stephen Gap Cave which has a double entrance, one walk in, the other a 140 ft pit and lastly as I said, the 240 ft. deep Valhalla. Neversink has been a site of many cover weddings and the pedistal in Stephens Gap has be a point of many wedding photos as well when streaming in sunlight. All 3 are located in Northeast/central Alabama as was once a very favorite stomping ground.

Lots of Georgians have no idea what's under their very feet!

586 ft. Fantastic pit, deepest underground drop in North America

56756ur6tuyfj.jpg

When you get to the bottom

moreluck

golden ticket member
I don't miss the views if you are showing me pictures. I just try to keep "risk" low in my life. Spelunking is a no-no!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Check this out Scratch!

Years ago, my wife and I were serious sport cavers and we enjoyed the vertical stuff. I recently ran across a YouTube piece called Bouncing Golondrinas which is a 1200 ft. open air pit in Mexico. Seems someone fitted themselves with a camera to take us along for the ride. Enjoy the drop!

ON ROPE!

ON Belay!

YouTube - Bouncing Golondrinas

wkmac,

Great video and pics, thanks for posting them. I have heard of that pit and know a couple of people that dropped into it. I have the same rappelling rack I bought from Bruce Smith himself at a TAG Cavin Weekend. I use five brake bars too, I like stainless steel over aluminum. They are a little slicker, but they cool off better. I bet that guy was really glazing that static rope a few hundred feet down!

I always wanted to do that pit in Pigeon Mountain. I thought that would be so cool to do, but I never got around to getting a rope walker system to climb back out. I do most of my rock climbing at the Lost Wall or Rocktown on Pigeon Mt, it has fantastic sandstone on it. Its like Disney World to cavers and climbers. I have been in Petty Johns Cave there, and also Stephen's Gap. I took a year or two off from it, but I am trying to work it back into my schedule again.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
That's all well and good, but there is a problem. When you open the banana from the stem side you have a nice clean banana to start eating. If you open it from the other side, you have to pinch of the first little section that my wife and I call the bananus. You know, that little black part at the "bottom" of the banana?:sick:

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs

That's all well and good, but there is a problem. When you open the banana from the stem side you have a nice clean banana to start eating. If you open it from the other side, you have to pinch of the first little section that my wife and I call the bananus. You know, that little black part at the "bottom" of the banana?:sick:

Bananus :happy-very::happy-very:

For some reason the banana peeling video reminded me of the t-shirt folding video.