Should part time employees make the same rate as full time employees?

anonymous23456

You go somewhere else. Like maybe a non Union job where you will feel more at home.
pr_beetleretire.jpg

Non liberal

Is the company going to create 100,000 FT jobs from the PT jobs?
No why? Other places have full time jobs available. I worked 2 jobs for 5 yrs before I got into feeders full time. If u want to get full time it’s possible. Just takes patience. Problem is we have guys in PT all of their lives because they get a full benefits pkg plus pension and don’t want to work, then they expect more before the FT get theirs. That’s called bull:censored2:!

HarryWarden

Nope the companies never cared about paying money. They care about the benefits and the pension. Even a part timer still is only going to cost them half as much
So if the company paid the same rate part time as full time, they would want to create more full time jobs, so they only have to pay 1 guys insurance instead of 2 for the same work

Thebrownblob

So if the company paid the same rate part time as full time, they would want to create more full time jobs, so they only have to pay 1 guys insurance instead of 2 for the same work
Nope if that was the case, we would’ve had a lot more drivers over the years. Doesn’t make sense to you and me but they don’t want to make those pension obligations if they don’t have to. They still despise the 22.3 jobs they were forced to give.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
Nope if that was the case, we would’ve had a lot more drivers over the years. Doesn’t make sense to you and me but they don’t want to make those pension obligations if they don’t have to. They still despise the 22.3 jobs they were forced to give.

Wasn’t that one of the biggest issues of the 97 strike was part time working eight hours?