Should part time employees make the same rate as full time employees?

Already walked back on you being able to do it, nice
No, I didn't, we loaded our package cars for decades, it's the best for a driver. A lot of drivers, and I'd even say most, aren't upset about the number of hours, it's the hours of the day. If we started at 5am, not too many would be upset about working 10 or 11 hours a day and be off by 4 or 430.

HarryWarden

No, I didn't, we loaded our package cars for decades, it's the best for a driver. A lot of drivers, and I'd even say most, aren't upset about the number of hours, it's the hours of the day. If we started at 5am, not too many would be upset about working 10 or 11 hours a day and be off by 4 or 430.
Lol why do you think you would get out earlier if you started earlier? You would be starting earlier because you’re loading your own truck, you’re not saving any time.

Lol why do you think you would get out earlier if you started earlier? You would be starting earlier because you’re loading your own truck, you’re not saving any time.
Working 10 hours and starting at 9 is awful because getting off at 730 and getting home and settled in at 830 or later is miserable, there's no day left and your family is wrapping up for the night. Working 11 hours and starting at 5 is fine because you are getting off at a normal time, home and settled by 630, dinner with your family, make that little league game, etc. That's the difference.

And, if you start earlier, you have to get off earlier. HOS rules still apply.

HarryWarden

Working 10 hours and starting at 9 is awful because getting off at 730 and getting home and settled in at 830 or later is miserable, there's no day left and your family is wrapping up for the night. Working 11 hours and starting at 5 is fine because you are getting off at a normal time, home and settled by 630, dinner with your family, make that little league game, etc. That's the difference.

And, if you start earlier, you have to get off earlier. HOS rules still apply.
So how much earlier are you going to come in to load your own truck, do your route and still get out at a decent time?

HarryWarden

Wtf are you talking about? I don't care when I get on road if I start at 5. Im sure we'll still get out at 930 like we do now.
So drivers are already overworked with forced over time and 6th punch, but you think you’re going to start earlier at 5 loading trucks, get on the road at the same time and still finish your route early…

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
You save time with the load being perfect, and just the way you want it. Instead of it being loaded by wild chimps.

HarryWarden

You save time with the load being perfect, and just the way you want it. Instead of it being loaded by wild chimps.
That’s a fair point. I still think it would require extra hours to already overworked drivers though

Or we could just pay the loaders more and be more selective with our hiring process instead of hiring the chimps.

I have to imagine it’s better to have long term employees who are paid well and want to keep their job rather than the insanely high turnover rate we have now, and constantly having new people being trained in loading your trucks

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
That’s a fair point. I still think it would require extra hours to already overworked drivers though

Or we could just pay the loaders more and be more selective with our hiring process instead of hiring the chimps.

I have to imagine it’s better to have long term employees who are paid well and want to keep their job rather than the insanely high turnover rate we have now, and constantly having new people being trained in loading your trucks
Perhaps 🤔

PT Car Washer

What training? By a PT sup who has a month more experience then the person he is training? I loaded the same set of package cars for 8 years. My drivers respected me and the other preloaders and we made $.50/hr less then they.