So Sick Of German Shepherds

MaineGroundDriver

I mean seriously .. today I'm in the middle of nowhere, vehicles in the yard, seemed like someone must be home ..

I see nobody, German shepherd is outside, on a deck at 2nd story level. Steps come down from that on the side. He sees me drive in, picks his head up, looks at me, lays back down. I stop the truck, get out and look at him, he's still just lying there looking at me like he's not concerned, doesn't appear to be aggresive.

I get out and walk up to the door which is below where he's at. He still doesn't appear the least bit concerned with me. As soon as I put the box down on the steps below, I hear "click, click, click", yup, he's up and walking .. before I even have time to really process, he runs down the stairs on a complete tear.

So I grab my scanner and before I can even bring it up to fend him off, he gets me in the leg. Luckily not too bad, he kept trying for more, complete attack mode. I kept shoving the scanner in his face screaming at him to get back and cut it out. I made it back to my truck, relatively unscathed. Glad I was wearing pants and not shorts. He broke the skin, but would have been much worse without the pants somewhat protecting me. Mostly just stung and pissed me off. The dog wanted a lot more, I was bracing for the worst.

This was my 2nd shepherd attack in 5 years. 3 other dog bites besides those.

Anyone else frustrated by stupid dog owners??

dezguy

I had a pretty regular delivery to a mennonite family who had a German shepard. It was always in a kennel at the back of the property and barked non stop till I pulled out of the driveway.

One day, I have a del for them and not even thinking, didn't look at the kennel because, of the dozens of times I had been there before, the gate was always closed. This time, the gate was open and as soon as I was out of the truck, the dog bolted for me. The dog closed so much ground I didn't even have time to dive back into my truck and the only thought going through my head was "I'm dead".

The dog gets right up on me as I'm grabbing for my powerpad for defense, lays down and shows her belly and starts whimpering.

All I could do was start laughing, bend down and pet her; Calling her a son of a bitch in the process. Admittedly, it scared the ever living :censored2: out of me and could have ended up much worst than it did.

You always have to have your head on a swivel and never take a dog for granted in this line of work.

MaineGroundDriver

I had never been at this stop before. I didn't take the dog for granted, I think I explained that .. saw him, watched him, got out, watched him, walked towards house, watched him .. happened in a heartbeat .. sucks!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I mean seriously .. today I'm in the middle of nowhere, vehicles in the yard, seemed like someone must be home ..

I see nobody, German shepherd is outside, on a deck at 2nd story level. Steps come down from that on the side. He sees me drive in, picks his head up, looks at me, lays back down. I stop the truck, get out and look at him, he's still just lying there looking at me like he's not concerned, doesn't appear to be aggresive.

I get out and walk up to the door which is below where he's at. He still doesn't appear the least bit concerned with me. As soon as I put the box down on the steps below, I hear "click, click, click", yup, he's up and walking .. before I even have time to really process, he runs down the stairs on a complete tear.

So I grab my scanner and before I can even bring it up to fend him off, he gets me in the leg. Luckily not too bad, he kept trying for more, complete attack mode. I kept shoving the scanner in his face screaming at him to get back and cut it out. I made it back to my truck, relatively unscathed. Glad I was wearing pants and not shorts. He broke the skin, but would have been much worse without the pants somewhat protecting me. Mostly just stung and :censored2: me off. The dog wanted a lot more, I was bracing for the worst.

I feel ya on the dogs, but not to be a peckerhead but my question for you would be, Are you slow, fat, uncoordinated, non athletic and wimpy? That would explain some of your bites. Ive been doing this junk for 16 years and have never been bit. Couple close calls but this dude got cat like reflexes and yeah ive kicked a dog and hit a dog with a diad before lol. Some drivers just don't pay attention as much as other drivers and they are the ones who always get bit. Like I said don't take it the wrong way, I give all our SLOW NON ATHLETIC DRIVERS who get bit a hard time and its always the same repeat ones, that's the part that's ironic. So I must have part of that equation correct lol. But customers are idiotic when it comes to their dogs. Im a dog lover but ill freak a dog up in a heartbeat, I mean go absolutely ballistic if I have to lol.

whenIgetthere

I had never been at this stop before. I didn't take the dog for granted, I think I explained that .. saw him, watched him, got out, watched him, walked towards house, watched him .. happened in a heartbeat .. sucks!

Been bitten three times, last time dog came from neighbors yard and got me from behind. I deliver to a lot of trailer homes with gates and Beware Of Dog signs. I always blow the horn first, if no response after I blow the horn three times, I will tag the gate and leave. Went back to one recently and the guy is p-ssed I didn't come to the door to ring the bell, so I told what I tell them all, if you have a closed gate, I will not come in, especially if there is a beware of dog sign. Many of these people have pits or dobies, lot of meth labs in that part of the city.

It will be fine

Never trust a Shepard. I had a good chunk of my leg taken out by one, it was friendly until I was leaving then it went crazy.
Another place out in the sticks had one sitting on the porch. I honked a few times then the lady pulled in behind me. She said, "good thing you didn't get out of the truck, he would have mauled you. He still goes after my parents when they come by." Gee thanks lady, how about you tie up your blood thirsty killer.

thedownhillEXPRESS

So I grab my scanner and before I can even bring it up to fend him off, he gets me in the leg. Luckily not too bad, he kept trying for more, complete attack mode. I kept shoving the scanner in his face screaming at him to get back and cut it out. I made it back to my truck, relatively unscathed. Glad I was wearing pants and not shorts. He broke the skin, but would have been much worse without the pants somewhat protecting me. Mostly just stung and :censored2: me off. The dog wanted a lot more, I was bracing for the worst.

Make sure they have a current rabies shot.
Might seem silly but it's basically a 100% fatality rate by the time symptoms appear.
A little saliva by an infected animal is all it takes.

MondayLates

German shepherds and Australian shepherds are the two I will never trust. Side note: I am amazed at how many people bring these and other territorial dogs to their offices. Seems like a huge liability.

Purplepackage

Walking back down a drive way once I hear what sounds like an inside garage door open and close I think it's the owner of the house... I hear a noise and check behind me 3 pit bulls are charging down the drive way full speed at me, thanks god there was an electric fence

oldngray

nowhere special
German shepherds and Australian shepherds are the two I will never trust. Side note: I am amazed at how many people bring these and other territorial dogs to their offices. Seems like a huge liability.

Australian shepherds are much more collie like than German shepherds and not nearly as aggressive.

STFXG

All we have out in my areas to worry about are heelers. Sneaky little bastards come up from behind and nip at your ankles. Never been hurt but lost a few socks.

Had a buddy that I've known for years start making "tss" noises and the damn thing herded me back to my truck by nipping at my heals and chasing me. He found it hilarious.

oldngray

nowhere special
All we have out in my areas to worry about are heelers. Sneaky little bastards come up from behind and nip at your ankles. Never been hurt but lost a few socks.

Had a buddy that I've known for years start making "tss" noises and the damn thing herded me back to my truck by nipping at my heals and chasing me. He found it hilarious.

Herding dogs can be funny and annoying but not really dangerous.

dupa

On-Road Integrated Optimization and Navigation.
This was my 2nd shepherd attack in 5 years. 3 other dog bites besides those.[/QUOTE]

seriously you cant be very bright. driving 20 plus years and never been bit. gain some awareness

gman

My first summer I deliver to a house full of rowdy kids. School day of course if that tells you anything. Just about to my truck and hear comes what looked like a pit bull ( 40 years ago. Don't remember) anyway he snaps. Gets the toe of my shoe. I yank my foot out of his teeth and and kick him in the throat. Next day I get called on the carpet.
Sup. Why did you kill the dog.
Me. He bit me
Sup. they say you came in the house and killed the dog.
Me. Huh???
Sup. they want to sue you and UPS for killing their dog.
I told them what happened. Had to go with them to explain to parents the kids were full of poop.
Boss said go to work and never heard another word. Goofy people!