Sorts shutting down

Whatthewhat

Hearing that 43 sort are being shutting down in the next few months..
Dallas night next month & DFW night in July.
Anyone else know of any of the other sorts going down?

Box Handler of Dallas

Dallas last night sort will be June 2nd. Independence also has a sort ending at that time, day sort I believe. Both are able to follow the work to 4 other centers. Many of our people are moving to either twilight or preload in Dallas. Majority of combos are moving to Lonestar or Mesquite.

Whatthewhat

Not sure where all the people will fit in. Some of the sorts in the other buildings are already heavy staffed, the volume that’s moving is being split up to multiple hubs. DFW night is a large operation between ramp & hub

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Reminds me of the tactics the Company used to scare UPS Freight members into voting yes on the Company's second offer last contract, right after Hoffa and the IBT left them high and dry and all alone by imposing the small package contract in early 2019.

The Company turned away freight, laid off many employees as they emptied the system ahead of the vote, and even had Cintas come in and and take away all the floor mats days before the vote.

Don't fall for the banana in the tailpipe people, the car is running just fine.

PT Car Washer

Reminds me of the tactics the Company used to scare UPS Freight members into voting yes on the Company's second offer last contract, right after Hoffa and the IBT left them high and dry and all alone by imposing the small package contract in early 2019.

The Company turned away freight, laid off many employees as they emptied the system ahead of the vote, and even had Cintas come in and and take away all the floor mats days before the vote.

I don't think delivery drivers are going to get air conditioned package cars this contract. Or $50/hr.

Whatthewhat

Then turned around and sold freight.

qdg2

then.....how does this square?

Then turned around and sold freight.
?

PCM Troll

UPS will be firing people for any little thing knowing they are over staffed for sort. If you are one of the people affected then you need to be on your best.