Spoiling Christmas

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sorry don't have time for these games. Ring , record ,roll. Didn't want someone to see it? Give the shipper special instructions before it ships not me.

I had a regular customer ask me yesterday to put any Christmas-looking packages on his rear deck. He is a friend and takes care of me (tip) so I take care of him.

BrownTexas

I don't deliver houses until after dark. So I don't have to worry about kids being outside to see their packages. Plus I don't knock on doors after 8:30 so as long as the parents are awake to hear my truck pull up or drive off then they are in the clear.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Just ruined the surprise for the first time this year. Guy answered the door and says "boy she's gonna be :censored2: that this wasn't wrapped."

People, if you want to keep the surprise, no matter how much money you save online, please go to the store. I don't want attitude because i "spoiled" Christmas.
I do feel a little bad when it's large children's toys with the picture plastered all over the side.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I don't deliver houses until after dark. So I don't have to worry about kids being outside to see their packages. Plus I don't knock on doors after 8:30 so as long as the parents are awake to hear my truck pull up or drive off then they are in the clear.
Who cares

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I never would deliver a kids toy at Christmas like that .. Would ring bell wait for adult and let them know what I had and let them send kids off till I put it some where or in some instances I would deliver to a neighbor that would call the parent !! Had a heart and friend their numbers , I have kids too !!

jaker

trolling
Wow you guys have to much time to spend with some of these people

I don't care what it is our who it is for , I drop and roll you want to get pissed at me then you better hop in your car and find me

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
UPS at one time cared about customer service and driver interaction ,, that was in my delivery days ,, I understand they arnt that way anymore, I wouldn't last out there today,, I'm still old school UPS and have a heart !!!!

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.
Wow you guys have to much time to spend with some of these people

I don't care what it is our who it is for , I drop and roll you want to get :censored2: at me then you better hop in your car and find me

Instead of finding you, they would probably end up finding the guy on the next route over from yours.

rod

Retired 22 years
UPS at one time cared about customer service and driver interaction ,, that was in my delivery days ,, I understand they arnt that way anymore, I wouldn't last out there today,, I'm still old school UPS and have a heart !!!!

I'm the same way. I couldn't work for them the way they operate now. For the most part the drivers today are robots who may as well be wearing shock collars. Give me the old days when we worked on paper where if you could put up with their half an hour of BS in the morning you had it made the rest of the day------No messages or any other contact with the center until you got back in at night and usually there wasn't anyone there if you were late enough.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
This time of year if I had multiple packages with a toy visible on the outside of some of them, I used to leave it on the car, and tell the adult who came to the door. Or if it was a single package with like a big wheel or barbie house, or something, I would just go to the door empty handed, make contact with an adult. Sometimes we would meet down the street and customer would put it in their trunk. The customer was always very happy I did this. Of course, signature was required on all packages back then, no DR. We took the time to work on customer service back then as well. That time is long gone, folks. :sad:

Orion inc.

I like turtles
When you have a bid route, it's easier this time of year to know your customers who have small kids or such. It's just another way to take care of your area.

Plus Xmas tips usually happen when they know you take care of them and go the extra mile.

It's sad the new drivers don't see what ups used to be about.