Spread of Mexico flu

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Stran, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Stran

Stran Holy Toledo

Now that there are confirmed cases of the Mexican swine flu in the US does UPS have any safety procedures in place? I have always thought delivery drivers (UPS, FedX, USPS) were at high risk of contracting an illness in a pandemic. I would not like to be the one to spread an illness to my family members.

2. BLACKBOX

BLACKBOX Life is a Highway...

Get your share of surgeons masks now before you can't find 'um.

3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

While these may work well while you are at home you know damn well you won't be able to wear them while working.

4. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

Close the borders....close the borders......close the borders :biting:

5. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Practice that signature for
    Jose Cuervo

6. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

Well thanks for taking us there!

7. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

YES!

Aim high to avoid germs

Get the big vaccine

Keep away from the infected

Leave the rubber gloves on

Make sure you don't breathe near customers

8. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

Purell hand sanitizer.
    Stay out of flea markets, especially in border towns.
    And yes, close the borders!

9. fethrs

fethrs Well-Known Member

If we close the borders how will my hubby get to tj to see his son and the rest of his family?

10. moreluck

Oh, he can go....he just can't come back 'til this is all resolved.

11. chev

chev Nightcrawler

I agree.....I agree......I agree.........
    Should have been done a long time ago.:angry:

12. moreluck

Mayor Bloomburg said a prep school took a trip to Mexico and are now being tested to see if they are sick. I thought the government warned against travelling to Mexico awhile back. What the heck was the school thinking when thay went to Mexico. They surely could've found an interesting spot INSIDE the US for a class trip. Idiots !!

(samples are back and it is swine flu)

13. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Nice thought, but who do you think is going to do the work that Americans think is "beneath" them? I am talking about the migrant workers. Even way up here, we have to import Jamaicans to pick the apples because Americans are unwilling to do the work and would rather sit home and collect unemployment and/or welfare.

14. fethrs

fethrs Well-Known Member

nm

Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  15. toonertoo

Tell them no one is going to sit on their arse and collect a check if they are able bodied.
    I wonder did
    Mexico City Mayor Marcelo Ebrard

speak in English to the masses about the pandemic, as Mayor Bloomberg spoke in Spanish about ours?
    And is it just me or is this just something to divert our attention to something else, aka as fearmongering?

16. tieguy

tieguy Banned

from new york city? Probably future liberals who thought they could change the hard core drug lords by showing them a little compassion or by bowing to them.:happy-very:

17. BLACKBOX

BLACKBOX Life is a Highway...

Is it too late for a flu shot? And where can I get one of those bio-hazard suits? Don't take this pandemic lightly, its moving fast and when it starts claiming lives in the US you will know this is for real.

18. pickup

pickup Well-Known Member

Mayor Bloomberg trying to speak spanish , you mean.

19. upsdavz

upsdavz New Member

I can tell you this from watching things over the years, the management at my centre will crucify anyone who dares call in sick. I have witnessed management throw phones, break handsets and go into fits of rage when people have called in sick. If the driver still refused to come into work the management would call all day long harassing the driver, when the driver would return to work he would recieve addditional work and increased oversupervision.

So you ask what safety procedures UPS has in place? All I can say to that is don't stand to close to the manager taking a call from a sick employee!!!

20. toonertoo

I guess I do not speak it, so I thought he was doing a fair job:whiteflag: