Stock hits 90 smackers a share!

danlin

Couldn't believe yesterday when I saw UPS stock at 90+....As I post this we are at 91.61!
Can anyone remember it in the 90's before??

klein

Für Meno :)
From my knowledge, there is a huge stockmarket correction coming this fall. So be careful and "warned" .

oldngray

nowhere special
From my knowledge, there is a huge stockmarket correction coming this fall. So be careful and "warned" .

I agree. When Ben Bernanke stops printing the flood of money the market will correct. But I think it will rebound soon afterwards.

klein

Für Meno :)
I agree. When Ben Bernanke stops printing the flood of money the market will correct. But I think it will rebound soon afterwards.

It's scary :
Chinese businesses have been borrowing US dollars, because it's free (1% interest), compared to 8% in China.
Well, these low borrowed Treasury Funds will be come due (5 yr, 10 yr bonds), and all that printed money will go back to the US market, creating higher interest rates and higher inflation , leading many to leave the unsecure stock market - to get fixed higher interst rates in secure savings accounts.

I might be wrong - but that's the word out here. That's suppose to hit big by the year of 2016 ! (Another huge US depression).

Last edited:

Returntosender

It might go higher when management healthcare changes take effect. Spouses will removed from the plan. How much that saves UPS only Atl knows?

ups hero

Does anyone think the shares may split? I sold some shares a few months back, and now regret it. They sold in the mid 80's. I'm not disappointed that they sold at that price, just disappointed in myself for not banking them for my retirement. I'm happy that the stocks are hanging around the high 80's, but in my position I really didn't mind them being low a few years back either. I'm young, unfortunately have a very long time until I retire, but when stock is low at purchase price that just means more shares get bought.

brown bomber

brown bomber
stock down 5% in early trading today, UPS lowered guidance for the quarter and the entire year. Apparently they have "too much" equipment being unused

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
If you sell, what will you do with the money? If the stock is an investment, are you ready to cash out and tuck it in your mattress? There are lots of investments, but if you know UPS and like the dividends every qtr, stay. If UPS tanks, everyone will tank.....so, maybe you should buy something sure to go up in value. I have a few thoughts, but if i said automatic weapons and ammo, the lefties will pounce on me because of how dangerous they are, or how much better life is in Canada, etc...