Stock hits 90 smackers a share!

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by danlin, Jul 11, 2013.

1. danlin

danlin Member

Couldn't believe yesterday when I saw UPS stock at 90+....As I post this we are at 91.61!
    Can anyone remember it in the 90's before??
  2. klein

klein Für Meno :)

From my knowledge, there is a huge stockmarket correction coming this fall. So be careful and "warned" .
  3. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

I agree. When Ben Bernanke stops printing the flood of money the market will correct. But I think it will rebound soon afterwards.
  4. klein

klein Für Meno :)

It's scary :
    Chinese businesses have been borrowing US dollars, because it's free (1% interest), compared to 8% in China.
    Well, these low borrowed Treasury Funds will be come due (5 yr, 10 yr bonds), and all that printed money will go back to the US market, creating higher interest rates and higher inflation , leading many to leave the unsecure stock market - to get fixed higher interst rates in secure savings accounts.

I might be wrong - but that's the word out here. That's suppose to hit big by the year of 2016 ! (Another huge US depression).
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  5. danlin

danlin Member

What a bunch of negative nellies .... LOL
  6. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Do you think I should sell a bunch??
  7. bluehdmc

bluehdmc Well-Known Member

The stock market goes up, the stock market goes down. In the long run, (10-20 yrs) it seems to end up higher.
  8. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

People on this site got out just in time when they sold their shares for 70 or 80. Or not.
  9. Buck Fifty

Buck Fifty New Member

10. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

Make sure to inquire about the tax ramifications of selling !!
  11. bottomups

bottomups Bad Moon Risen'

​I'm on vacation next week. When word gets out on the street that UPS's best service provider is taking some time off, production should fall and the stock will tank.
  12. Returntosender

Returntosender Well-Known Member

It might go higher when management healthcare changes take effect. Spouses will removed from the plan. How much that saves UPS only Atl knows?
  13. thessalonian13

thessalonian13 Active Member

DON'T CELEBRATE YET!!!!!! LOL This was after 4pm:
    [TR="class: extHrsStrip extHrs neg"]
    [TD]Extended Hours [/TD]
    [TD] 87.60 USD Last Trade [/TD]
    [TD] -3.85 (-4.21%)

Pre-Market Change [/TD]
    [TD="align: right"] 88,376 Volume [/TD]
    [TD="class: last"] 8:41:28 AM EDT Pre-Market[/TD]
  14. thessalonian13

thessalonian13 Active Member

Sorry to pop your bubble. I hope you sold at 3:59pm
  15. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

No need to sell.
    As long as those dividend checks keep rolling in , I'm all set .
  16. ups hero

ups hero Member

Does anyone think the shares may split? I sold some shares a few months back, and now regret it. They sold in the mid 80's. I'm not disappointed that they sold at that price, just disappointed in myself for not banking them for my retirement. I'm happy that the stocks are hanging around the high 80's, but in my position I really didn't mind them being low a few years back either. I'm young, unfortunately have a very long time until I retire, but when stock is low at purchase price that just means more shares get bought.
  17. brown bomber

brown bomber brown bomber

stock down 5% in early trading today, UPS lowered guidance for the quarter and the entire year. Apparently they have "too much" equipment being unused
  18. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

I'm not selling it I'm to lazy for the process.
  19. If you sell, what will you do with the money? If the stock is an investment, are you ready to cash out and tuck it in your mattress? There are lots of investments, but if you know UPS and like the dividends every qtr, stay. If UPS tanks, everyone will, maybe you should buy something sure to go up in value. I have a few thoughts, but if i said automatic weapons and ammo, the lefties will pounce on me because of how dangerous they are, or how much better life is in Canada, etc...
  20. derf3733

derf3733 Member

Hope you sold it yesterday. UPS stock at $86 today 1:30et