Stolen time recovery.

jrf4life

I have been working for ups for eight years. I have had many different supervisors during this time. Every supervisor I have had has altered my time card. I usually catch them and file. But for all the other times I did not catch them, can I get an audit on my time for all eight year ? What do I need to do ? I want every single penny.

JonFrum

Well, here's what the Contract says . . .
Article 12 --- Polygraph / Timeclocks
No applicant for employment and no employee will be required to take any form of a lie detector test as a condition of employment.

Upon request, an employee or the Union may inspect the record of an employee's time recorded on the DIAD or other device for previous days' work. An employee will be permitted to examine the operation record for the current pay period for the purpose of ascertaining his/her hours worked. If an employee has an issue with his/her hours worked for a particular day, the Employer will provide the employee, upon written request, with a print out of his/her hours worked.

The Employer shall not alter the information from the DIAD board, or information recorded through the use of any other technology, so as to diminish an employee’s compensable time, without the employee’s knowledge. Further, the Employer shall post for an employee’s review, a copy of the PTE edits for each day. No supervisor shall use a DIAD, or any other information recorded through the use of any other technology, under the name of an hourly employee unless the employee is present. This includes for the purpose of training and demonstration.

The Employer agrees to provide forms for the employee to record his/her starting and ending times. When requested by the Union, time clocks will be left in place for employees to record their work hours for their own personal use.

I once got a printout for several years. But to go back the full eight years, you may have to contact Sherman and Mr. Peabody and step into the Wayback Machine. :happy2:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Getting the printout is just one issue. It then becomes an issue of timeliness. The company is going to say that you should have filed way back when. So wanting and getting the "full back pay" are two different animals.

And you cant say that you were too intimidated to file, because on occasion you did.

But on the other hand, what they did was illegal. I would file for the time, and see what happens.

d

longlunchguy

Runnin on Empty
Love the sherman and peabody reference. I check my previous week's hours every paycheck. Most guys in our building do, and there are occasional corrections.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This may be a battle not worth wasting your time over.

I would start from today recording your times each day and then comparing the hours to that on your paystub for accuracy.

some1else

Banned
been brought up before; record you time daily, and make sure THEY know you do. problem solved they will steal the time from someone how doesnt care enough to keep track

redshift1

I have been working for ups for eight years. I have had many different supervisors during this time. Every supervisor I have had has altered my time card. I usually catch them and file. But for all the other times I did not catch them, can I get an audit on my time for all eight year ? What do I need to do ? I want every single penny.

Any other symptoms?.