Stop Completing Pickups

JL 0513

There's lots of dead p/u's in my center. As a cover driver I have become aware of many. Other drivers have told me or I have shown up to some and told by the customer. As a cover guy, it's not my place to question those accounts. The Orion implementation cleaned a lot of them up last year but many remain. Was told that they are there "for a reason". For example, all the Verizon (not wireless stores but the internet service) locations are dead p/u's but remain.

I just stop complete them because if you don't then it's on a missed p/u report. Another can't win scenario except to drive there everyday for nothing.

JL 0513

The acquisition of Coyote has nothing to do with small package operations.

We got a big PCM about the Coyote acquisition and as a result the P/U compliance issue is hot. Still not clear on the relation but there is one. Some logistics relationship. Did you guys not get this big speech?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We got a big PCM about the Coyote acquisition and as a result the P/U compliance issue is hot. Still not clear on the relation but there is one. Some logistics relationship. Did you guys not get this big speech?

There is no relationship.

Coyote is a company that matches LTL companies with open capacity with companies that have inventory that needs to be shipped quickly.

They will operate as a division of UPS Inc.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
What about pickup accounts that don't exist anymore but are still in your board. Do you stop complete them?
There's a new pickup that's recently appeared in my board for a building that's been closed for years; four-foot weeds and faded phone books still in their bag laying in front of the door. I have no idea where that came from or why.

oldngray

nowhere special
There's a new pickup that's recently appeared in my board for a building that's been closed for years; four-foot weeds and faded phone books still in their bag laying in front of the door. I have no idea where that came from or why.

I had that happen a couple of times. I think it was when a new pickup was set up by an office in other city. Either the head office or maybe a company setting up some kind of third party pickup.

ManInBrown

In my center pickup compliance is not talked about anymore. Once we got Orion it was a non issue. I run routes where every pickup is done outside the window. I've never been spoken to about it

JL 0513

In my center pickup compliance is not talked about anymore. Once we got Orion it was a non issue. I run routes where every pickup is done outside the window. I've never been spoken to about it

My center was like that this whole past year on Orion until 2-3 weeks ago. Then they said since we continue to grow as a logistics company by acquiring Coyote, a logistics company needs to be able to be in compliance with their own p/u schedule. I can't believe my center is the only one that would've gotten the corporate memo.

Overpaid Union Thug

Our pickup compliance windows are now an hour long but most customers are not aware of the change. I guess it really doesn't matter when your driver just calls everyday instead of just doing his job.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....

I have two, that recently showed up out of the blue. They are not really pickup accounts and don't ship anything, but the center manager says as long as they are in my board, I must go to them and make an attempt. No one has made any progress on removing them from my board. Can't wait to see the DM and tell him that we are using his fuel, and his truck, and his payroll to joy ride, and not receiving any compensation in return. I'm guessing they will come out of my board then.

JL 0513

What I get tired of is going to pickups that don't have anything 98% of the time. What a waste for both parties. Why don't the bid drivers suggest smart p/u?

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
What I get tired of is going to pickups that don't have anything 98% of the time. What a waste for both parties. Why don't the bid drivers suggest smart p/u?

Maybe they have, and maybe it takes months to get it changed, and then weeks to get it to work properly.

Overpaid Union Thug

Because one of two things. Or both......

1) We get paid by the hour

2) They want to make sure they actually drive to their pickups and get the miles needed and spend the time needed to make the pickup attempts

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
If the pickup calls and says don't stop, message the center to cancel that pickup for the day. You don't get credit for the stop but we get paid by the hour, or so I've heard.