Sup going around asking do we have a chauffeur license

reginald95

I think it's because UPS is going to start doing a Uber type system where they pick up extra money by picking up passangers and dropping them off at places.....

oldngray

nowhere special
I think it's because UPS is going to start doing a Uber type system where they pick up extra money by picking up passangers and dropping them off at places.....

Chauffeur license is a type of commercial license and doesn't mean it is just for chauffeurs carrying people.

rod

Retired 22 years
friend endorsement is needed also

Now all I care about is my motorcycle endorsement. When I worked all we needed was a regular class D license. I had a Class A for 20 years but gave it up when they started making it a chore to renew.

oldngray

nowhere special
Now all I care about is my motorcycle endorsement. When I worked all we needed was a regular class D license. I had a Class A for 20 years but gave it up when they started making it a chore to renew.
I have a motorcycle endorsement and don't have to do anything extra to keep it. All I need to do is renew my regular license and the motorcycle endorsement stays on it for life.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
If (by miniscule chance) they were to suddenly require a new type of license, I wonder if they would cover the cost of the upgrade for existing employees.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Here having a chauffeurs license used to be a requirement to be a package car driver but that went away because they no longer exist.]
I know. I had one. Had to have one years ago to drive a package car. Looks like it, or some variation, is still required in certain states beyond your typical operators license.

rod

Retired 22 years
I have a motorcycle endorsement and don't have to do anything extra to keep it. All I need to do is renew my regular license and the motorcycle endorsement stays on it for life.

Same here. I got my motorcycle endorsement back about 1960 on a 1958 50cc Sears Moped. The instructor followed me in his car and honked once to turn left and twice to turn right. When he laid on his horn I had to do a panic stop. I'm drive my Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic on that same endorsement.

Same here. I got my motorcycle endorsement back about 1960 on a 1958 50cc Sears Moped. The instructor followed me in his car and honked once to turn left and twice to turn right. When he laid on his horn I had to do a panic stop. I'm drive my Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic on that same endorsement.
When I got my motorcycle endorsement the DOT just asked you if you wanted motorcycle on your license. I believe that was in the late '70's in my state. Of course that has all changed many years ago. We still do not have a helmet law in my state.

rod

Retired 22 years
When I got my motorcycle endorsement the DOT just asked you if you wanted motorcycle on your license. I believe that was in the late '70's in my state. Of course that has all changed many years ago. We still do not have a helmet law in my state.

No helmet law in Mn. either----------------------------------------------but I wear one ALL the time anyway. I also refuse to have even one beer if I'm on my m/c. I had a friend rear end a car doing about 5 miles an hour coming up to a stop light and not paying attention. Tipped over and hit his head on a curb --- died.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
No helmet law in Mn. either----------------------------------------------but I wear one ALL the time anyway. I also refuse to have even one beer if I'm on my m/c. I had a friend rear end a car doing about 5 miles an hour coming up to a stop light and not paying attention. Tipped over and hit his head on a curb --- died.
I wear a full helmet most the time unless it is just too hot and then I put on my 3/4 with the mohawk feather top.

oldngray

nowhere special

The first time I got a motorcycle license there was a driving test that was fairly difficult with low speed maneuvers and tight turns. It was much easier to pass riding a smaller bike.