Sure post .... Is yours off the package car?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by By The Book, Dec 8, 2015.

1. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

Hearing about all sure post going directly to post office, is this the case in your area?

2. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

Only on days where we are over capacity. Otherwise we've been doing a lot of it.

Last night we actually had more surepost pickup volume than ground. I've never seen that before.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. By The Book

I wonder if it's done on a case by case basis.

4. FrigidFTSup

Perhaps, I just know we've been doing a lot of the final mile deliveries. I haven't been told to tender more to the post office or anything like that. We have guys that want to work, if you're in the area you're going to get it.

5. By The Book

I'm hearing corporate decision,no choice.

6. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Does UPS pay the Post Office a dollar to complete each delivery? So if the driver is in the area anyway save the dollar by leaving it on the delivery driver?

7. By The Book

It's complicated.....

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. FrigidFTSup

I haven't heard a peep about that

9. FrigidFTSup

It isn't as simple as saving a dollar by delivering it. If we're paying someone 34 dollars an hour to deliver it, is it cheaper to have someone drive to the stop and deliver it? Or is cheaper to pay someone 34 dollars an hour to deliver it to the PO and pay them. It's a balance.

10. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

So if I slow down at the post office it becomes more cost effective for teamsters to have the final delivery? ;)

11. The union keeps letting them take our jobs. Surepost, access points, what's next?
    Thanks Jim H. D*

• Like x 4
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Beer x 1
    • List
  12. Brownslave688

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. Ghost in the Darkness

Ghost in the Darkness Active Member

I end deliver everything that would have gone to the Post Office.

14. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Do you open the bags?

15. Brownslave688

Good way to get fired unless you have a rural post office that has about 2 hours of window time.

16. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

I do. My last 2 post offices are closed before I am even close to them. Deliveries start after 7 pm for those extended areas

17. Ghost in the Darkness

Management would rather I not drive 10 miles to and 10 miles back to where I was just to meet their window hours.

18. Ghost in the Darkness

No bags yet but I am starting to get a lot more pieces per day. They say sheet as ns# and bring them back for the clerk to get them corrected for the next day. I deliver the ones that have and end delivery address and the ones that get stuff all the time because I know where the they live.

19. 10 point

10 point Well-Known Member

"Proximity" stops in dense areas are still going to the p.o. here if there's only one pkg.
    And then I saw rural single pkgs pulled into our system, that I was dispatched to deliver. Makes no sense at all.

This year's abuses aren't as bad as last yrs so far but it's not over yet.

20. 10 point

10 point Well-Known Member

Heck, they're already open and spilling out here. They jam too much into them and they spill out all over the floor.