Surepost returns

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by upsguy72, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

Today I delivered 2 packages to one house that gets crap ( QVC) everyday. The lady tried to give me a surepost package that she aleady open and then taped shut. I explained to her that she needed to call QVC and have them send a call tag. She said that she called and they said give it to the UPS guy. I explained to her that since she opened it I can't take it without a call tag then left to complete the rest of the stops on here street.

As I was passing her house on the way out of here street she stop me and showed me a paper the post office left apparently they where trying to pick up the package earlier in the day.

Here is the question if you deliver to a PO and pick up a return package that has been open then taped shut and then given back to the postman do you take it or tell them you can't take it???
  2. cowpony

cowpony New Member

Take the box back to the center and have ima full them out a gsd label and then bill them!
  3. TheDick

TheDick Member

If it dont got a ARS label on it. I would never take it. Thams the rules as far as i know. Neither the shipper nor the customer wants to pay return shipping so now lets guilt the ups guy to take it back. Once the orig seal is open , UPS is on the hook for anything missing.
  4. TearsInRain

TearsInRain part-time bossman

surepost returns are handled by the USPS, unless the shipper or customer directly intervene otherwise