Tentative Agreement

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We can agree to disagree on the 100k issue. I'm. About 80 miles south of Upstate. We too had our raises diverted. Like him. I work only 9 hr days,at most. Also, like him.80k By the end of this contract. You and I are against this contract. Vote NO! Rather be home. Than to make 100k. Family more important than that. I was a casual for ten yrs. I know how getting screwed over and over feels. I'm reminded on every vacation bid

Tell Brian I said "hi". He is pulling double duty in both of our centers until we get our new center manager.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Tell Brian I said "hi". He is pulling double duty in both of our centers until we get our new center manager.

You may not get a new center manager assigned until the contract is signed.
​If the contract is not ratified, there will be less need for personnel - Union and non-Union.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
IIRC, UpsateNYUPSer belongs to a local which relinquished/diverted a portion of his past raises. That situation applies to only a handful of FT Teamsters.

Multiply 2018 top rate by 40 hours per week = about $80K. Divide $20K by 2018 top rate OT, then divide by 52, equals about 6.8 hours -- the average weekly hours of OT/bonus a driver would need to work to reach 100K. The excess OT worked during peak will more than negate vacation & holiday weeks... most drivers will clear this threshold very easily.

Sorry, 10 2 go, I don't know why this is so hard for you to understand / accept. Or are you one of these drivers who thinks that "inflation" doesn't measure (using an example of a weekday breakfast) a serving of Cheerios in 2013 vs. 2018, but instead a serving of Cheerios vs. the cost of dining out at Starbucks in 2018 -- therefore using the excuse "WAAAAHHHHH my paycheck hasn't kept up with inflation ... because inflation means I'm suppose to live better" or some other BS I read every day on here??!

Numbers off a hair. Top rate now plus $3.90 equals $36.19x40x52= 75k.

Now you have about 25k worth of overtime to work. Now you come up with 8.75 hours of OT worked a week. Not a ton more but it's two more hours of OT a week than you said so about 100 hours more worked.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Numbers off a hair. Top rate now plus $3.90 equals $36.19x40x52= 75k.

Now you have about 25k worth of overtime to work. Now you come up with 8.75 hours of OT worked a week. Not a ton more but it's two more hours of OT a week than you said so about 100 hours more worked.

Top rate here is slightly higher. Guess it depends on where you're at.

3216mjh

Re: Hall and Hoffa are selling us out!!

For those of you who will not got out to the link above, here is a piece of what it is saying:

"Deep in the list of taxes that the president's Obamacare plan will hit Americans with is a 40 percent excise tax on health plans typical union members have, especially in Midwest states, according to a new analysis.
The Obamacare tax won't take place until 2018, but when it does it will smack high cost, or so-called "Cadillac" health insurance plans, according to the group Americans for Tax Reform.
"This tax will most directly affect union families and early retirees, who are likely to be covered by such plans," said ATR in a review of upcoming tax cuts in the health reform package set to go into effect in January. It will target plans whose premiums exceed exceed $10,200 for an individual and $27,500 for a family."

Check out the W-2 you got last year. Now we know why the government is really tracking that information.

804brown

For those of you who will not got out to the link above, here is a piece of what it is saying:

"Deep in the list of taxes that the president's Obamacare plan will hit Americans with is a 40 percent excise tax on health plans typical union members have, especially in Midwest states, according to a new analysis.
The Obamacare tax won't take place until 2018, but when it does it will smack high cost, or so-called "Cadillac" health insurance plans, according to the group Americans for Tax Reform.
"This tax will most directly affect union families and early retirees, who are likely to be covered by such plans," said ATR in a review of upcoming tax cuts in the health reform package set to go into effect in January. It will target plans whose premiums exceed exceed $10,200 for an individual and $27,500 for a family."

Check out the W-2 you got last year. Now we know why the government is really tracking that information.

Q: Will my Teamster health benefits be taxed?

A: The short answer is No. But there’s been so much talk about the tax on “Cadillac” health plans, that it is worth going into the details.

First of all, the law will never tax an individual’s health benefits. The tax, which takes affect in 2018, applies to the Health Plan, not the individual.

Second, no Teamster benefit comes close to the threshold of a High-Value health (or “Cadillac”) plan which is coverage that costs $27,500 a year.

The top Teamster health plans under national contracts like UPS, freight and carhaul cost around $15,000 a year—including dental and vision. The minimum threshold for the High Value tax is a benefit that costs $27,500 a year—not counting dental and vision coverage! (Now, that’s a Cadillac!)

The tax threshold will top $30,000 by 2020.

Teamster members are right to be on the alert for attacks on our benefits—especially if healthcare costs continue to rise. But the so-called “Cadillac” tax is not going to affect any Teamster plan for the foreseeable future.

RealPerson

Q: Will my Teamster health benefits be taxed?

A: The short answer is No. But there’s been so much talk about the tax on “Cadillac” health plans, that it is worth going into the details.

First of all, the law will never tax an individual’s health benefits. The tax, which takes affect in 2018, applies to the Health Plan, not the individual.

Second, no Teamster benefit comes close to the threshold of a High-Value health (or “Cadillac”) plan which is coverage that costs $27,500 a year.

The top Teamster health plans under national contracts like UPS, freight and carhaul cost around $15,000 a year—including dental and vision. The minimum threshold for the High Value tax is a benefit that costs $27,500 a year—not counting dental and vision coverage! (Now, that’s a Cadillac!)

The tax threshold will top $30,000 by 2020.

Teamster members are right to be on the alert for attacks on our benefits—especially if healthcare costs continue to rise. But the so-called “Cadillac” tax is not going to affect any Teamster plan for the foreseeable future.

What you fail to see is... These Numbers / Thresholds can be changed at anytime. Like when they decide Obama care needs more money.
Sure the Individual will not be taxed, but the TAX Plan.. When the tax Plan needs More Money they can and HAVE taken peoples raises. So Yes, we could be Taxed in a round about way.

There is also Rumor that your benefits will soon be counted as income or taxed as such or some other crazy Gov plan. Yes I am a doom and gloom type of person, but you have to agree Most things do happen or variants of them. Why exactly is the amount UPS paid for my health care on MY W-2 if it wont matter..

The Government will tax a dead person, don't be fooled you wont be taxed more soon....