TGIF !!!!!!

Raw

Raw Member
Hey, just read the average UPS driver pay is $74,000 a year? In 22 plus years I have NEVER made as much as $74,000, close last year though, am I going too fast? :surprised:

705red

Browncafe Steward
And that is why the word "averaged' was used. I know plenty of drivers that make $100,000 a year, they have nice bonus heavy routes. Some of them barely work 8 hours a day but get paid 11 to do it.

Jim Kemp

And that is why the word "averaged' was used. I know plenty of drivers that make $100,000 a year, they have nice bonus heavy routes. Some of them barely work 8 hours a day but get paid 11 to do it.

I think if you did the math it would not work.

satellitedriver

I made well over 80 last year, due to overtime.
Edd/Pas time study took 2hrs off my route.
I was an 1hr under driver for 20yrs,on every route I ever ran.
Now, I am over allowed most days and am dispatched with 11 to 12hr days.
I just checked my pay stub from today, 4/09/10. and I have earned-(not made)- $23,000 to date.
I average about 1/2hr bonus a week, with the new standards.
It is hard to walk away from the money, but I may decide this summer to walk away and try to have a life.
Damn hard decision.
Money is easier to make than time, and I think it might be the time for me to spend time with the one's I love.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I just checked my pay stub from today, 4/09/10. and I have earned-(not made)- $23,000 to date.
It is hard to walk away from the money, but I may decide this summer to walk away and try to have a life.
Damn hard decision.
Money is easier to make than time, and I think it might be the time for me to spend time with the one's I love.

Good for you Sat. I hope you can do it. :happy2:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This last check put me at $17.5K for the year. I have been a disciple of Dave Ramsey since June 2009 and am working with gazelle like intensity so that I will have the option of walking away at the 25 yr point, which is how much time we have to have in to be eligible for health care through the union. I don't want my finances to dictate this decision but will most likely stay for 30 as the pension hit for leaving 5 years early is about 1/3 to 1/2, of which 16% goes to my ex. I don't work nearly the hours that I hear some of you guys work as I am usually home by 1830 daily, which includes my break and lunch. My dispatches average 8.8 to 9.7.

Raw

Raw Member
Damn hard decision.
Hope the ones you love still love you when you stop making the mula.........:anxious:

Raw

Raw Member
This last check put me at $17.5K for the year. I have been a disciple of Dave Ramsey since June 2009 and am working with gazelle like intensity so that I will have the option of walking away at the 25 yr point, which is how much time we have to have in to be eligible for health care through the union. I don't want my finances to dictate this decision but will most likely stay for 30 as the pension hit for leaving 5 years early is about 1/3 to 1/2, of which 16% goes to my ex. I don't work nearly the hours that I hear some of you guys work as I am usually home by 1830 daily, which includes my break and lunch. My dispatches average 8.8 to 9.7.
I love working and don`t want to retire until I`m at least 62! :greedy:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Thank you! I knew you would mention the name again sooner or later. LOL :happy-very: