Thanks Andy M, you pulled it off!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Re: Thanks Andy M, you pulled it off!

We are awfully close, if not at that point, for some services, right now.

Yet somehow the company continues to achieve record profits quarter after quarter?
Somehow Wall Street was able to ascertain that this newest collective bargaining agreement was advantageous to sustain this trend, as the stock skyrocketed upon the news of its ratification.
UPS will never let the Teamsters price them out of the market.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

Yup, this is why I tell everyone to save save save. Don't go and buy a boat. Don't buy the newest greatest car. No need for a 4000 sq' home. Dinners at 5 star dining establishments is not necessary. Never buy a car on credit. If you can't afford to buy it with cash, you should not be buying it. I did however buy my wife's car on a 0% loan they were offering. I could of bought it with cash, but I used that money to make more money sitting in the bank. But make sure you have the money to pay in full.

Suck it up and pay off all debt. Instead of getting the aged Filet's, grab the steak on sale. No need for the entire family to have internet on their phones. Max out your retirement account options. Make sure you have , AT THE LEAST, 6 months of salary in a liquid account. Once you get all that done, then sure....enjoy a nice dinner out every now and then. Go ahead and get the new iphone. Just be sure to continue to fund retirement accounts. Continue to fund a liquid account. If you follow this plan, you could survive making a ton less then you do now. We all want things NOW. Secure your future now, then enjoy some of the luxuries once that is done. You may find that you may not even want some of those luxuries once you waited for them.

Take the car loan. Lets say you bought a car for 25k. O down at 4.5% for 6 years. Total paid: $28k +
Take the 25k and put it in an interest paying account. Lets say you get a return of 4.5% compounded: $32k +

6 years, own a car worth 5k after spending over 28k or
6 years, have an account worth 32k?

Not even taking into account sales tax on a 25k car.

​Solid advice but you also have to enjoy life. The key is finding the right balance.

We make almost $20 dollars AN HOUR more than our competitors. We are by far the leaders in pension, healthcare and wages. Sorry it's not good enough for you.

I hope you realize that at some point we will out price ourselves and create a gap that will give our competitors advantage because the cost of business.
Exactly but these morons don't want to see this. They keep going back to the 4.3billion. Like its a crime to make money. They can't imagine negotiations in five years where ups is making 7 8 9 10 billion. Those would be good negotiations. It means to me that my livelyhood will be intact for another five years. These trolls don't want that kind of security or they can't see it and in my opinion they do t want to see it because of the Hate in Their eyes.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I say spend on the new car!

... "the first question every car buyer asks themselves is 'Will this car get me laid?" King Ralph

undies

I was unable to find any information regarding Mental Health Benefits on the website. It was a question I wanted answered during the conference call but I guess it wasnt important enough. If you can please elaborate or direct me to information I would greatly appreciate it.

Stonefish

Exactly but these morons don't want to see this. They keep going back to the 4.3billion. Like its a crime to make money. They can't imagine negotiations in five years where ups is making 7 8 9 10 billion. Those would be good negotiations. It means to me that my livelyhood will be intact for another five years. These trolls don't want that kind of security or they can't see it and in my opinion they do t want to see it because of the Hate in Their eyes.
I wonder how much all these economists on this site think UPS should make. Lets do to them what happening in freight so they can ask us for givebacks. As long as UPS is making the money they are we are protected. I know my coworker that own their own businesses. I am curious how they would respond if their employees didn't want them to make a profit or have money in the bank for a rainy day. But I guess I'm messed up like that UPS will NEVER be in financial trouble they will always be there. Ask the CF boys how that worked out for them.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

UPS will NEVER be in financial trouble because they have not put all of their eggs in to one basket. Yes, there have been missteps along the way (RPS, Central States, OPL) but, for the most part, they have anticipated and responded well to changes within the industry.

How much should UPS make? I would think a net profit in the 5-10% range would be sufficient.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
I was unable to find any information regarding Mental Health Benefits on the website. It was a question I wanted answered during the conference call but I guess it wasnt important enough. If you can please elaborate or direct me to information I would greatly appreciate it.

If you have Kaiser the benefits are remaining the same. Aetna/BCBS we discussed changes and that wasn't one that was addressed so I suspect it's the same benefit. I would use the contact form to ask. They only took the questions that were most frequent to answer during the conference call, so if you were the only one who asked it they didn't choose that question. Mine wasn't answered either.

Indecisi0n

There is a phone number on the web site to have any unanswered question taken care of.

Stonefish

UPS will NEVER be in financial trouble because they have not put all of their eggs in to one basket. Yes, there have been missteps along the way (RPS, Central States, OPL) but, for the most part, they have anticipated and responded well to changes within the industry.

How much should UPS make? I would think a net profit in the 5-10% range would be sufficient.

5-10% is not enough. That's why they been able to do what they have done is because of the profits. If it was 5% what should they do with the rest of the profits

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

I wonder how much all these economists on this site think UPS should make. Lets do to them what happening in freight so they can ask us for givebacks. As long as UPS is making the money they are we are protected. I know my coworker that own their own businesses. I am curious how they would respond if their employees didn't want them to make a profit or have money in the bank for a rainy day. But I guess I'm messed up like that UPS will NEVER be in financial trouble they will always be there. Ask the CF boys how that worked out for them.

Its amazing how people will write something like this without the first clue about the LTL business. What exactly do you think is happening to freight vs what already happened to freight with the passage of NAFTA?

NAFTA destroyed our LTL community in this country. As long as Mexican trucks and Canadian trucks can cross our borders and go to final destinations, our trucking industry will NEVER recover.

When George H. Bush Signed the NAFTA agreement, he knew the republicans in congress wrote the law to destroy the labor unions in the trucking industry. Well, mission accomplished.

Now those foreign trucks roll around america bringing you products that american trucking companies used to handle.

As for profit. UPS just doubled its third quarter profits year over year and it will double it again once it sheds us from their healthcare plans.

Maybe you should concern yourself with the american worker before you worry about the Board members.

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
If you have Kaiser the benefits are remaining the same. Aetna/BCBS we discussed changes and that wasn't one that was addressed so I suspect it's the same benefit. I would use the contact form to ask. They only took the questions that were most frequent to answer during the conference call, so if you were the only one who asked it they didn't choose that question. Mine wasn't answered either.

The call was crap 104. Simple answer.

TOS