Thanks Andy M, you pulled it off!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
They have been in our local in the past one more than one occasion like you mentioned. Never heard back from them after they left.
It's a shame how you can't explain to some of these people on here how real life actually works because they think they know it all.
Yea, they came to my local around the same time as well.
They were disposing some of our officers during the Ohio Conference investigation, and it was hardly "routine".
If the IRB comes to your local, it's for sure a WTF moment.

5habits100

"Disposing"? Perhaps a Freudian slip?
Again you can't tell certain people things because they don't listen. The IRB didn't come in our local during conference investigation. They have been there other times. The DOL and IRS have been in also. If you aren't doing anything wrong you have nothing to worry about. I never worry.

They do make random visits to locals that have no "problems". They'll come in, ask for 15-20 different items, make copies, interview staff and leave with no report back to the local. And the IBT (through the per cap on the locals) pays your dues money for those fishing trips.
Thanks @Inthegame. Th IRB hits us all at one time or another. These people don't understand this. That was the point I was trying to make. Thank you for picking me up yet again friend.

Inthegame

Thanks @Inthegame. Th IRB hits us all at one time or another. These people don't understand this. That was the point I was trying to make. Thank you for picking me up yet again friend.
I would caution anyone thinking improprieties exist simply because of an IRB audit. The IRB needs to audit to justify their money grab from the IBT.

Many, many locals are audited with no problems found and no one ever hears of the audit. The back pages of the Teamster magazine doesn't list the locals that pass audits. Conversely when an alleged issue does arise, it gets announced from the mountaintop, and with that announcement comes the implication of guilt.

We forget there are over 400 Teamster locals without counting our affiliation with the BMWED, BLET or GCC.
While not excusing anyone's bad behavior, there are relatively few bad actors.

If Fortune 500 companies were scrutinized at the same level Teamster locals are, we'd be building more Federal prisons.

LagunaBrown

I would caution anyone thinking improprieties exist simply because of an IRB audit. The IRB needs to audit to justify their money grab from the IBT.

Many, many locals are audited with no problems found and no one ever hears of the audit. The back pages of the Teamster magazine doesn't list the locals that pass audits. Conversely when an alleged issue does arise, it gets announced from the mountaintop, and with that announcement comes the implication of guilt.

We forget there are over 400 Teamster locals without counting our affiliation with the BMWED, BLET or GCC.

If Fortune 500 companies were scrutinized at the same level Teamster locals are, we'd be building more Federal prisons.
Well said. I appreciate what you do for the Teamster organization and its members.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Perhaps I have my acronyms confused?
I know the Dept of Labor/NLRB has many offices and missions, while wearing many hats and organizational names and titles.
The only IRB audits or investigations that I have ever heard of, or referenced here, have a report attached to them.
In those particular instances, it's not good news for the local, conference, or official(s) involved.
Absolutely.
But in turn, let's not forget where, when, why, and how our reputation was formulated.
Stereotypes and profiles aren't conjured out of thin air, void of facts and figures.
We are where we are by virtue of our organizations history, both good and bad.
I have to figure that any Fortune 500 company with long standing ties with the Mob, very likely falls under similar or more scrutiny as the Teamsters....
....and you can thank everybody's favorite Teamster, H senior, for that.
I'll never understand how we continue to exult and canonize that man?
He is the Pete Rose of the Teamsters, had a great run that ended in disgrace, making him ineligible for the Hall Of Fame.

Inthegame

Perhaps I have my acronyms confused?
I know the Dept of Labor/NLRB has many offices and missions, while wearing many hats and organizational names and titles.
The only IRB audits or investigations that I have ever heard of, or referenced here, have a report attached to them.
In those particular instances, it's not good news for the local, conference, or official(s) involved.
The IRB exists separately from the Government agencies you listed. They (the IRB) are a creation of the Consent Decree.

Now your statement about the "only IRB audits or investigations that I ever heard of" is mostly accurate and exemplifies my point. Hundreds, if not thousands of audits have no public report as there were no improprieties found. So in a whole lotta other instances it's good news for the auditee, but no one knows it cause we don't do touchdown dances. Kinda like the successes of the FBI, or Homeland Security. Very quiet.

So when things are done right and the local officials involved aren't looking for the applause, one may start to understand the frustration elicited by the little ankle biters who've done nothing and question everything.

I don't think JRH was ever interested in the Hall of Fame.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The IRB for sure does not go to every local, unless there are problems.

The IBT however, absolutely is supposed to audit every subordinate entity "periodically", with the notable and possible exception of the Ohio Conference?

By the IBT...not the IRB. They are not the same and neither are their missions.

People are confusing an IBT Audit, with an IRB investigation.

Every Local gets audited by the IBT, every 5 years.

I've posted before....

That an officer had to reimburse our Local, for "over tipping" on a cup of coffee.

It was like .43 cents.

They don't miss anything.

-Bug-

5habits100

I've posted before....

That an officer had to reimburse our Local, for "over tipping" on a cup of coffee.

It was like .43 cents.

-Bug-
There is only a select group of people that are confused. The IRB comes into Local Union's and asks for documents. The IRS. The DOL. if you never hear back you are good. Some people don't get it happens a lot more than they think and just because they don't know about it that it can't happen. They come into the Local because they can.

There is only a select group of people that are confused. The IRB comes into Local Union's and asks for documents. The IRS. The DOL. if you never hear back you are good. Some people don't get it happens a lot more than they think and just because they don't know about it that it can't happen. They come into the Local because they can.
I like how @brownspider acted like I'm the dummy. He should have known it but was quick to pounce.

He should run with RB1. What a team that would be
A bunch of know it all internet warriors that support right to work amongst other things. When it's time to step up and take a position in their local they make excuses. You can't help your members by just banging away on a keyboard.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The IRB exists separately from the Government agencies you listed. They (the IRB) are a creation of the Consent Decree.

Now your statement about the "only IRB audits or investigations that I ever heard of" is mostly accurate and exemplifies my point. Hundreds, if not thousands of audits have no public report as there were no improprieties found. So in a whole lotta other instances it's good news for the auditee, but no one knows it cause we don't do touchdown dances. Kinda like the successes of the FBI, or Homeland Security. Very quiet.

So when things are done right and the local officials involved aren't looking for the applause, one may start to understand the frustration elicited by the little ankle biters who've done nothing and question everything.
I get all of that, and as always, appreciate your gentlemanly explanation.
We all learn a great deal from your posts.

But while your point was definitely made, I think mine may have been made as well?

I say this, because by your own admission, most audits turn up nothing and nobody hears a whisper.
With this in mind, that makes the IRB almost as humble and discrete as these Locals, the FBI, or Homeland Security, who abstain from the "touchdown dances".

It's only when these audits turn up malfeasance that the "ankle biters" get something to chirp about, and that's what happens here, often.

In recent "days", these "ankle biters" have been spot on with their reports.

While I haven't read up on whatever is now being alleged in Local 104, I have researched and am willing to take wagers on the validity of the goings on with Ohio Conference and Rome A.

Any takers?

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I love it when a know it all here realizes he don't doesn't know what he thinks he knows.
From the guy who only knows what he is told, and has been given everything.
You should strive for an original thought before you endeavor to criticize others.

Keep coasting on the coat tails of others.
It suits you.
A bunch of know it all internet warriors that support right to work amongst other things. When it's time to step up and take a position in their local they make excuses. You can't help your members by just banging away on a keyboard.
Nobody knows it all.
Those who think they do, are a liability.

You are a pawn, who thinks he's the bishop.
Good "knight"

Last edited:

Coldworld

60 months and counting

I've posted before....

It was like .43 cents.

-Bug-
That's ridiculous ... Where is the common sense in that??? .43 cents??? Come on!!!