The day after Thanksgiving is now a reguired work day?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Life goes by fast. You get old, the kids grow up! Then you say"where did It all go?"...Somethings you can't put a price tag on, not even at double time!
Totally agree G especially the drivers that have kids, I totally get it and feel bad really for the guys n gals that do have kids and don't get to spend the time they would like with them.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I've heard they're only going to run about 60% which isn't that far off from what they usually do on Black Friday. Still...it's going to be a day of fighting your load because they're still too stupid to not load known closures. I've worked every Black Friday for the last 9 years so it's no sweat off my balls.
EZ money dogg no doubt lol.

Ouch

Wasn't it triple time if they forced you to work? Been a while but from what I remember it was triple time and we would all request 8 hour days. If it is a regular work day seems to me the pay would be standard pay? Jump man I know you said still holiday pay but what do you want to bet ups will pull some bs and you will not get paid right.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It is a regular day paid at straight time for the 1st 8 and OT after that. We also get 8 hours straight time for the holiday because that is what our contract says.

didyousheetit

They can always back up the cut-off date on the vacation schedule. You many get it this year,don't count on next year.
Oh, I'm sure it will happen I've now obtained 30 years and got my first thanksgiving vacation pick since I was on preload 27 years ago

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ouch

e="IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U, post: 1336872, member: 45051"]8 hours holiday...plus time and a half....for ALL hours worked![/quote]
Thats what I was calling triple time. You are right, that's how we got paid.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You guys are reading and interpreting your supplement based on Black Friday being a non-operational day, which is no longer the case.

Holiday pay plus straight time for hours worked up to 8 and OT after that.

QKRSTKR

It is a regular day paid at straight time for the 1st 8 and OT after that. We also get 8 hours straight time for the holiday because that is what our contract says.
I can see why people would be upset with that. At least double time plus holiday pay makes it a bit more worth it money wise.

QKRSTKR

You guys are reading and interpreting your supplement based on Black Friday being a non-operational day, which is no longer the case.

Holiday pay plus straight time for hours worked up to 8 and OT after that.
It's a paid holiday for us. Period.

A operational day I think the way you are reading it is like this. I will work almost 8 hours on thanksgiving itself. I work 2.5 hours before midnight. Roughly 7-8 after midnight. I will be paid straight time up to 8 hours on that day because that is my normal operational day. The day after thanksgiving will not be a normal operating day. It will be a holiday UPS forces us to work. Some drivers who are tues-thru sat. that start at say 3a.m. will be required to work thanksgiving day at straight time up to 8 hours.

I know in package this doesn't happen. But in feeders and other departments it does.

CharleyHustle

I was talking about getting up for work at 3am on Black Friday.

Way back in the day, when I worked the preload shift, and the day after Thanksgiving was not a holiday but a regular work day, they would let our shift vote if we wanted to come in on Thanksgivings Day morning instead of Friday morning. Now, that was before the air operation, and all the packages came in on Wednesday night and Thursday morning, and we had to sign off on not getting the holiday ot. We always agreed to work Thursday, but I'm not sure that would work in this day and age.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Way back in the day, when I worked the preload shift, and the day after Thanksgiving was not a holiday but a regular work day, they would let our shift vote if we wanted to come in on Thanksgivings Day morning instead of Friday morning. Now, that was before the air operation, and all the packages came in on Wednesday night and Thursday morning, and we had to sign off on not getting the holiday ot. We always agreed to work Thursday, but I'm not sure that would work in this day and age.
Well was that also back when dinosaurs roamed the Earth? lol