The day after Thanksgiving is now a reguired work day?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Don't matter to me, still getting paid super fatty that day homey. Mo money= mo toys for the mad scientist lmfao.
I think the point flew over your head, J. It's not about the money...it's about ups taking away the OPTION (for those of us with seniority) to not work Black Friday. Getting up at 3am the morning after Thanksgiving? No thanks!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
As soon as anyone that works here gets it that its all about business , the better off they'll be. People don't work at a job to make the least amount of money, they work at a job to make the most amount of money as possible. You don't have to like or love a job, its all about more cheese and business. Nothing less and nothing more to me. A means to an end my friends.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I think the point flew over your head, J. It's not about the money...it's about ups taking away the OPTION (for those of us with seniority) to not work Black Friday.
I get what your saying, its probably going to be a screwed up day with grounds running also, but been doing this long enough to be unphased by it. That's the mentality you get after doing this stupid shiznitt everyday. Just another walk in the park sweet potater pie:cheers: lol.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
What did you lose ??

That you can't exercise your seniority, to force junior members to work ??

In my Local, you will have people work as many hours as they can get.

They are the ones.... who retire early.

-Bug-
time off the most valuable thing the world,time with the family, actually being able to relax on turkey day because i know i will catch a break for a few days.. In your local you can get medical and full pension on hours worked??

As soon as anyone that works here gets it that its all about business , the better off they'll be. People don't work at a job to make the least amount of money, they work at a job to make the most amount of money as possible. You don't have to like or love a job, its all about more cheese and business. Nothing less and nothing more to me. A means to an end my friends.
I used to be an overtime whore,but It beat the living snot out of me. Ill make a few less dollars,but I will walk across the goal line!. Not crawl or get dragged across it! You gotta find the right balance. The years and the beating on your body, take a toll!....Word

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I feel ya dude. That's why I got one of them routes where I got a lot of seat time. I cant believe you still on that back breaker route G. I get it you've been on it for a good while but, that bulk will break you down fast versus a high miler seater route lol. Its all a direct correlation on this job, don't matter what route your on, its still the repetition that breaks you down. I go same pace everyday, not working any faster or any harder.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I used to be an overtime whore,but It beat the living snot out of me. Ill make a few less dollars,but I will walk across the goal line!. Not crawl or get dragged across it! You gotta find the right balance. The years and the beating on your body, take a toll!....Word
Exactly...they tried to get me to go out helping on thursday. I had to work my other job so I said no. But work an almost 16 hour day at brown...and be back at 330am the next day for preload? 5 years ago...I could've done it. Now....nah...no way.

oldngray

nowhere special
I think the point flew over your head, J. It's not about the money...it's about ups taking away the OPTION (for those of us with seniority) to not work Black Friday. Getting up at 3am the morning after Thanksgiving? No thanks!

You should tell my sister that. She gets up early on Black Friday to go the the stores that open at ungodly early hours. Like 5 am.

Z

ZQXC

Doesn't really matter to me; I have been working my entire life going as far back as high school. For over twelve years I worked 2 jobs going in for the preload at 0300 hours and leaving my second job at 1900 hours. I haven't been on a real vacation in 25 years; weeks off, of course, but spent working around the house.

So one more day each year.........
Whatever

I feel ya dude. That's whay I got one of them routes where I got a lot of seat time. I cant believe you still on that back breaker route G. I get it you've been on it for a good while but, that bulk will break you down fast versus a high miler seater route lol. Its all a direct correlation on this job, don't matter what route your on, its still the repetition that breaks you down. I go same pace everyday, not working any faster or any harder.
Life goes by fast. You get old, the kids grow up! Then you say"where did It all go?"...Somethings you can't put a price tag on, not even at double time!

joeboodog

good people drink good beer

There was a time when I would always volunteer for Black Friday. It was easy money and got me out of traveling for Thanksgiving. I liked having the choice. The last few years I would rather have the time off to heal some of the aches and pains but again it is my choice. What they have done is despicable. They are taking away all choices we make in a professional way and making us mindless drones. Three more years until retirement unless the bastids take that choice away as well.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
There was a time when I would always volunteer for Black Friday. It was easy money and got me out of traveling for Thanksgiving. I liked having the choice. The last few years I would rather have the time off to heal some of the aches and pains but again it is my choice. What they have done is despicable. They are taking away all choices we make in a professional way and making us mindless drones. Three more years until retirement unless the bastids take that choice away as well.
I worked this past Black Friday for the first time in 5 years. But having the choice was nice...even for this overpaid package monkey. Well...at least you got a new knee...that'll last you long after these pricks finally let you retire!

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I've heard they're only going to run about 60% which isn't that far off from what they usually do on Black Friday. Still...it's going to be a day of fighting your load because they're still too stupid to not load known closures. I've worked every Black Friday for the last 9 years so it's no sweat off my balls.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I've heard they're only going to run about 60% which isn't that far off from what they usually do on Black Friday. Still...it's going to be a day of fighting your load because they're still too stupid to not load known closures. I've worked every Black Friday for the last 9 years so it's no sweat off my balls.
When have their volume projections ever been correct? Some of us remember when we went over 70 pounds. They told us with a straight face we could expect a few here and there. What a crock.