the good things about brown

whiskey

teamsters this and teamsters that, they pay ur benefits cuz they make more money off of u then you know....u are payingfor your bills, yes ppl love us but only cuz we make their life easier while they make ours harder. i cannot stand a person who curses at me for doing my job, or how my boss doesnt care about them cursing ,k, he just says "get the job done" like im dumb enough to fall for that one, get the job dumb can be me fired the next day, there is no win. this is the most stresfulll job i can think of besides the presidenet, oh wait and the union.....thanks for paying my bills an taking my money that i know uve made enough off of me that no one cares. my union is pitifull, i got pyshcically threated by my district manager and my union steward told me to get away .....umm..thats against the law, i have 4 witness of my regional saying he wasnt to put his head in my butt...to say that to a union worker is actually illegal, My brother is a steward for another company, he say, i should sue my steward, i like my steward, btw the district manager was transferered but my boss is the one who originally got in my face and threated me. im confused i dont know what to do, but i dont wanna be the one who keeps getting picked on for doing nothing at all wrong, while they waste 20 minutes talkint to me, then askme the next day why did u come back so late?i know this is everyone at these times, i have my first son comin up, i dont wanna take chances, please tell me what to do

You like your shop steward. Trust him. Let him fight for you.
And remember, it's one box at a time. Don't worry, be happy.

Working with all the 30yearplus veterans that I work with hearing there stories there hard times the good times and all there chrisma and character thanks Steve O for all the advice and having my back.

airbusfxr

Doldwg, the best thing about UPS is watching tv in the ready room surfing the net investing the 401k match. I love UPS and the bestest thing is the free health care for union workers. The bestest bestest thing is the wages, even though we are below FDX.

Last edited:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Doldwg, the best thing about UPS is watching tv in the ready room surfing the net investing the 401k match. I love UPS and the bestest thing is the free health care for union workers. The bestest bestest thing is the wages, even though we are below FDX.

Shouldn't you be working an extra shift so you can make a boat payment?

Braveheart

During my early years UPS was a great job that was just really physical. You had to bust your ass.

NOW it is one stupid report after another and micro-management. OH and run scratch every single day.

What a joke. It feels like hell every day. You can have 15 years of safe driving, zero customer concerns, all airs on time, all businesses del ok, no 12-1's, no after 5's, all cod's perfect, next to zero driver follow ups, no misdeliveries, all pick-ups/oca's picked up ok, turn in sales leads, help other drivers, run misloads, etc etc etc

But if not at scratch every single day you are a bad employee. Horse Hockey!!!!!!

I used to recomend the job to people only warned them to have good knees and back. It is a really hard job on the body.

Now I do not recomend it to anyone.

We do get weekends off and great insurance.

A

anonymous6

as someone who has worked at 28 non union jobs before this one, the answer i a no brainer.

union is the difference. not the company.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
The day goes by quickly, I like that a lot. I've had jobs where time seemed to drag and they suck.
You work by yourself, I see my boss once a day for maybe 2-3 minutes.
It's physical, which is another plus for me.
You finish your work every day, you don't take anything home with you and you get weekends off.

RoyalFlush

One of Them

Am I mistaken, or are you threatening to strike over poor pay and working conditions on another thread?

The best thing about brown is being retired from brown....being able to do what you what to do, when you want to do it and, not having to do it around your work schedule.