The Real Deal

Pooter

I always find these rants come from new PT loaders who have no clue other than they make $9.50 loading their ass off and driver makes $34 for sitting on a truck.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That right there is funny , you compared this company to a fishing boat crew

The point I was trying to make is that their job is much more demanding than ours yet you don't hear them demanding free healthcare.

Now, do I appreciate free healthcare? Absolutely and I would be upset if this benefit were taken away; however, I also realize that we are in the vast minority and that the day will come when we start paying for a portion of our premiums.

Resident know-it-all.

BrownTexas

I like 2 things about this thread... One would be the OP has changed his name... Two would be the fact that he hasn't posted anything worthwhile... Ever.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The point I was trying to make is that their job is much more demanding than ours yet you don't hear them demanding free healthcare.

Now, do I appreciate free healthcare? Absolutely and I would be upset if this benefit were taken away; however, I also realize that we are in the vast minority and that the day will come when we start paying for a portion of our premiums.

Resident know-it-all.

Where is the "hypocrite" rating button?

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
One MAJOR point you all are missing. A high school diploma is NOT a requirement at UPS to drive. We have a few high school drop outs at my building.

Sent using BrownCafe App

JackStraw

I don't feel entitled at all. I feel I EARN everything here. I do feel lucky that me, a high school stoner, earns more money than most of my friends who put 4 and sometimes more of hard work in college. Granted, I EARN every penny and gave up a lot of ball games and missed the first half of many a recital, but I entitled? Nah, I DESERVE it. Also, didn't know Davis(the OP) was on this site. Funny.

I don't feel entitled at all. I feel I EARN everything here. I do feel lucky that me, a high school stoner, earns more money than most of my friends who put 4 and sometimes more of hard work in college. Granted, I EARN every penny and gave up a lot of ball games and missed the first half of many a recital, but I entitled? Nah, I DESERVE it. Also, didn't know Davis(the OP) was on this site. Funny.
:goodpost:

The Driver

I drive.
It's a hard way to make a living but I'm proud of the work I do. I enjoy going into work everyday. So far. I know what it's like to work some menial job somewhere without union representation.

ManInBrown

I personally think we're underpaid. We earn every single cent. Sorry you could never hack it as a driver OP. Im sure there is something out there for you. Good Luck

Packmule

Seriously....My job consists of listening to a bunch of whine asses who make 75k and up, day after day.Now granted, not all drivers are ungrateful but a lot are. Be grateful that there is that much work, thats what pays your ridiculously over paid wages.The ones that are, your job is NOT the hardest job in the world. Im sorry, but you bitch day in and day out because of the work load you have on that particular day. Boo hoo your makin up near 100k a year. There are so many people in this world that work 100 times harder and make 10 times less money than you. Its sickening. go bust your ass 12 hrs a day for minimum wage and then tell me how you feel. You dont even need an education to be a driver. And then you bitch about management and rules. Granted there are some stupid ridiculous guidelines out there but you need to remember that you are an employee. Bottom line, don't be an ungrateful pos, other people arnt so fortunate. Be glad you have the work load...or else you would be jobless or bitch that there isnt enough work to put in the hours you want.
By new member I'm guessing that means new driver too. Don't entirely disagree with you but I do feel that much of the reason people bitch about their job is because they see where it could be done so much more efficiently. Another is about fairness and realistic expectations. As the years go by, pkg drivers need to compensate for others failures will wear you down and you'll find your mouth matching your thoughts about being the only one out there wit a standard to meet. Oddly also, the more you appreciate this jobs benefits, the more threatened you feel when you get set up for failure by ethers incompetence. I could go on and on, but you get the point.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You think the boys on Deadliest Catch have free healthcare? If they do it sure as hell doesn't cover dental.
Except with their shares....they can make in a month what drivers make in a year...not including being paid to be on TV. I wouldn't complain about paying for benefits. Not to mention...I know a bunch of people who have dental coverage....who hate the dentist and avoid it like the plague...not everything is so cut and dry...like in the BOG

Seriously....My job consists of listening to a bunch of whine asses who make 75k and up, day after day.Now granted, not all drivers are ungrateful but a lot are. Be grateful that there is that much work, thats what pays your ridiculously over paid wages.The ones that are, your job is NOT the hardest job in the world. Im sorry, but you bitch day in and day out because of the work load you have on that particular day. Boo hoo your makin up near 100k a year. There are so many people in this world that work 100 times harder and make 10 times less money than you. Its sickening. go bust your ass 12 hrs a day for minimum wage and then tell me how you feel. You dont even need an education to be a driver. And then you bitch about management and rules. Granted there are some stupid ridiculous guidelines out there but you need to remember that you are an employee. Bottom line, don't be an ungrateful pos, other people arnt so fortunate. Be glad you have the work load...or else you would be jobless or bitch that there isnt enough work to put in the hours you want.
Are you the chosen one?