The Royal Wedding

rod

Retired 22 years
I don't care about the wedding but I will say they sure have some nice horse drawn carriages. Now shut them damn bells off.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I swore that I didn't care and I wouldn't watch it, but I did turn it on a watch 20-30 minutes of it while I ate breakfast this morning. It was quite a pageant, I guess it is the closest thing to watching a fairy tale come true for some people. I wish the two of them the best and I hope it works out for them. With an estimated two billion people watching, it had to be nerve wracking. I thought Kate was beautiful, as is her sister. William looks a little goofy to me like most Royals, but seems like a nice guy.

klein

Für Meno :)
Every single station had that wedding on last night, ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, CTV, Global, CBC.

It really sucked for me !

Anyways, why do Americans take part in it ?
You don't have the queen on your money, or are even a part of the Commenwealth.

I thought you fought a war, so you you wouldn't need to put up with British Royal stuff.

ooky

frozen canuck
Well maybe DS doesn't care about the royal wedding but Mrs. DS does. The bride looked gorgeous and, okay, so did Wills. They shall be referred to hereafter as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. I can't believe Prince Philip is 90! The man didn't even need a cane. And I agree about princesses Beatrice and Eugenie looking like trollops. And the hats...WTH?

klein

Well maybe DS doesn't care about the royal wedding but Mrs. DS does. The bride looked gorgeous and, okay, so did Wills. They shall be referred to hereafter as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. I can't believe Prince Philip is 90! The man didn't even need a cane. And I agree about princesses Beatrice and Eugenie looking like trollops. And the hats...WTH?

Nice to have met you, Mrs DS ! :)

bigbrownhen

I must say I am enjoying some of the coverage of the wedding myself. I watched a little of it this morning, checked the highlights online and even googled pics of the guest's hats. Some of the outfits were classy, some trashy. I agree about the Princesses of York looking tacky. The day was about their cousin, not them.

I guess I am watching because I remember Lady Di and Prince Charles's wedding as a kid, and am excited for William and Kate. I hope they have a happy life together. It is nice to have a little ray of hope and happiness in the news for once.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Every single station had that wedding on last night, ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, CTV, Global, CBC.

It really sucked for me !

Anyways, why do Americans take part in it ?
You don't have the queen on your money, or are even a part of the Commenwealth.

I thought you fought a war, so you you wouldn't need to put up with British Royal stuff.
It's our way of "butting in" on your stuff!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
OK, I don't usually laugh at kids.....BUT, I wasn't able to get the picture but look for it when viewing the royal wedding. It's when William & Kate are on the balcony after the kiss and there's some more people that come out. There's one little girl about 4 or 5 to the left of Kate . She's a little one, but she has Camilla's face. I know Camilla's grand daughter was one of the flower girls. That poor child had "that face" looked just like her grandma, poor thing.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I saw little, and only because forced, on every station. I thought as the bride she could have looked better, shes a pretty girl. I thought she looked rather dull/drab. hairdo sucked. Dress pretty plain. Oh well weddings not my thing, I guess. Thought it was way overdone, as do most things get overdone, that really do not affect me one way or the other.

klein

Tooner, I agree with you, totally ! The new princess hid her normally very pretty face, behind make-up.
Even made her look older then she is.

Someone did a lousy job.
I too, was disapointed, because I figured she would be perhaps more sexy looking, or atleast cuter looking.
She is very, very hot looking otherwise, just not yesterday as much.

All those English women with hats, would have driven me nuts to sit behind anyone of them !
Silly thing is, they probably paid $5000 for a hairdo, and then hide it under a hat !

OH, disturbing were also all the military uniforms.
I just don't think marriage, love, and joy, go along well with war clothes !