The things customers say or do...

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
100 degrees outside in August, shirt is soaked and sweat rolling down your forehead.

Customer: "Is it hot out there?"

jason67rs

Had a guy ask me your UPS right? I said yep. He then asked me why did they move the FedEx letter box at the post office? All I said was really and got back in the truck.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Delivering late afternoon or early evening and someone says "You are working late today". Little do they know I have a few hours yet to go!

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
When the people inside are obviously there and they see you through the windows. 4 kids are running around inside hollering in usually a foreign language, when the grandmother appears out of nowhere. As you're filling out the info notice she looks at you from the inside, does the "peak around the corner of the wall", apparently as if you're here to rob her. You move to the side of the window to show your UPS uniform, holding the box, and hollering "UPS". You tag the door after realizing she's not going to open, put the PC in gear, only to see her standing at the door peeking out.

About 30 minutes later you get a message that the customer at this address really needs the package and can I go back by, request acknowledged and accepted.

Notretiredyet

my new favorites, bet you're happy Xmas is over and sorry I've been meaning to shovel the walk. I like to use the shovel to hide the pkg from view if its handy, and always put it on the hinge side of the storm door. This forces the customer to walk on the snow covered porch move the shovel to get his pkg. My own little subliminal message of sorts.

overallowed

my new favorites, bet you're happy Xmas is over and sorry I've been meaning to shovel the walk. I like to use the shovel to hide the pkg from view if its handy, and always put it on the hinge side of the storm door. This forces the customer to walk on the snow covered porch move the shovel to get his pkg. My own little subliminal message of sorts.
I've been using that trick for a while.

Brownsfan

There was a big ole slob looking lady arguing with her husband. I Put the pkg down, Knock, and then proceed to the truck. The next thing I know I am being yelled at for not knocking. I turn to the lady flabbergasted and say"I knocked!" Pissed me off.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Lines heard daily at the Customer Counter;
Why didn't YOUR driver ring the bell ?
( like I'm the boss )

Why do your drivers show up during the day while I'm at work ?
I was home all day waiting , the driver never rang the bell .
I need this pkg NOW , I'm leaving the country tonight .
I don't understand why I never got this at my office , everyone in the building knows me.
I was told over the phone that I could come here right now to get my pkg. (
attempted earlier in the day & the driver had not returned to the building yet )
SDWC...I was told to be here by 7:30 pm , and now you tell me that the driver will not be back until 9:30pm .That's not acceptable .
I had to take a cab here , who's going to pay for it.
A least 5 times a day , someone will wait in line only to be told that either the pkg they are attempting to drop off is for USPS or the notice in their hand is from the USPS ( which on the reverse sign plainly states which Post Station they should visit ) .
People show up & hand me their license without informing that it has the wrong address on it , when I tell them I have nothing for them , they claim that I'm the idiot .
SDWC....people showing up after the first attempt without calling ahead and getting pissed off that I wasted their time.

rod

Retired 22 years
I always made it a point to tell the few a-holes on my route who went out of their way to tell me what an easy job I had riding around all day and that I had too much vacation that I was "going on vacation again". I would say somthing like ----"are you saying that you don't get 7 weeks paid vacation a year too?"

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There was a big ole slob looking lady arguing with her husband. I Put the pkg down, Knock, and then proceed to the truck. The next thing I know I am being yelled at for not knocking. I turn to the lady flabbergasted and say"I knocked!" Pissed me off.

At that point it may have been best to not respond and just keep on walking.

UPSGUY72

When the people inside are obviously there and they see you through the windows. 4 kids are running around inside hollering in usually a foreign language, when the grandmother appears out of nowhere. As you're filling out the info notice she looks at you from the inside, does the "peak around the corner of the wall", apparently as if you're here to rob her. You move to the side of the window to show your UPS uniform, holding the box, and hollering "UPS". You tag the door after realizing she's not going to open, put the PC in gear, only to see her standing at the door peeking out.

About 30 minutes later you get a message that the customer at this address really needs the package and can I go back by, request acknowledged and accepted.

They tell me I have to go back send a message back over 9.5.