Time for something different? Johnson- Weld

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
A little pick me up...

f198580c52424382bba255a8da5289f2

By the way the system continues to be RIGGED!!

Johnson didn't make the 1st debate even though a majority of people wanted him in... :angry-very2:

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
JOHNSON STATEMENT RE CPD ANNOUNCEMENT

“I would say I am surprised that the CPD has chosen to exclude me from the first debate, but I’m not. After all, the Commission is a private organization created 30 years ago by the Republican and Democratic parties for the clear purpose of taking control of the only nationally-televised presidential debates voters will see. At the time of its creation, the leaders of those two parties made no effort to hide the fact that they didn’t want any third party intrusions into their shows.

The only time a third candidate has been allowed on the stage was 1992, when both parties wanted him on the stage for their own purposes. It should be noted that, when Perot was allowed on the stage, polls showed his support to be in single digits, below where Johnson and Weld are currently polling.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

JOHNSON STATEMENT RE CPD ANNOUNCEMENT

“I would say I am surprised that the CPD has chosen to exclude me from the first debate, but I’m not. After all, the Commission is a private organization created 30 years ago by the Republican and Democratic parties for the clear purpose of taking control of the only nationally-televised presidential debates voters will see. At the time of its creation, the leaders of those two parties made no effort to hide the fact that they didn’t want any third party intrusions into their shows.

The only time a third candidate has been allowed on the stage was 1992, when both parties wanted him on the stage for their own purposes. It should be noted that, when Perot was allowed on the stage, polls showed his support to be in single digits, below where Johnson and Weld are currently polling.

Perot was included for the ratings that the debate was expected to receive with him there.

newfie

I don't disagree that he will rise in the polls given the 2 morons leading the pack, but what's he's advocating would require a wholesale dismantling of our health care system, which isn't going to happen.

When we had the Great Recession, the Libertarian "solution" would have been to let GM and all the rest fail, and let the "free market" restructure the economy. This totally ignores the multiplier effect, and we all would be selling apples on the corner right now hoping for another FDR to come along.

or so the Obama folks would have you believe in order to over embellish what little they have accomplished these past 8 years.

newfie

Nah, just Right Wing crazy on the Kool-Aid. Obama has been an excellent President, despite all of the GOP attempts to derail everything he tried to accomplish. Trump's birther narrative is the perfect example. No facts, but the Right went with it for what, 5 years?

yea we followed Hillary's lead on that one.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I don't disagree that he will rise in the polls given the 2 morons leading the pack, but what's he's advocating would require a wholesale dismantling of our health care system, which isn't going to happen.

When we had the Great Recession, the Libertarian "solution" would have been to let GM and all the rest fail, and let the "free market" restructure the economy. This totally ignores the multiplier effect, and we all would be selling apples on the corner right now hoping for another FDR to come along.
Actually we should of let gm and the banks fail. Successful companies doing the same thing would of slide right in to take their place.

Many economists believe the fall would of been much sharper but the recovery would of been much quicker. We are almost a decade into the worst economic recovery in generations.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Because the people don't even gets asked about him when the pollers call.
The commission on presidential debates is founded and controlled by the republican and democratic parties. There have been numerous lawsuits over the years, including ones filed on behalf of Gary Johnson. But the FEC is a sham, and so is our court system.

Why in the world would a commission controlled by two political parties let in a third party to question their agenda. It's a huge sham. People say, oh well they don't have 15%, but don't question who came up with that number. What's to say next election, that commission might change the number to 25%, because Gary got so close this time....
They control the access to information, they control the election.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Millions are exposed to Libertarian presidential candidate Gary Johnson on 60 Minutes show

The main challenge the Johnson campaign has faced is the news media not treating him as a credible, equal candidate to Trump and Clinton. Johnson is qualified, credible and capable. Though he has had far more media than any other Libertarian presidential nominee, Johnson is rarely mentioned alongside the Democrat and Republican when newscasters discuss the 2016 presidential election. For example, this morning when the mainstream media talk of the bombing that happened over the weekend in New York and the knife attack in Minnesota, newscasters talk of Trump and Clinton’s public statements but never mention Johnson’s public statement concerning the bombings which, like the other two candidates, was readily available for the news media. This purposeful exclusionary tactic is not good journalism and is the main reason the bulk of Americans do not know who Gary Johnson is.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Can a Republican support gay marriage? Not if his or her first priority is to get re-elected.

Can a Democrat vote for a tax cut? Not if his or her first priority is to get re-elected.

That's why, as President, I will be a strong advocate for term limits. I will start a conversation about how we can make elections more competitive. And I will do everything I can to make sure the American people don't have to settle for a "lesser of two evils."

Gov. Gary Johnson