Time Studies and Work Measurement Allowances

bigbrownhen

Perhaps it was started from the beginning of the day, not when he started the route. Also, he didn't say when he took lunch, so that is a factor as well if he takes lunch later in the day, say 2pm. Now, I am not a math wiz by any means, my worst subject in school actually, so I won't argue numbers with you.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Perhaps it was started from the beginning of the day, not when he started the route. Also, he didn't say when he took lunch, so that is a factor as well if he takes lunch later in the day, say 2pm. Now, I am not a math wiz by any means, my worst subject in school actually, so I won't argue numbers with you.

Hi BBH,

You're correct..he could have even taken a 3 mile run before work and included that..Who knows...:surprised:

bham brown

You certainly provoked my curiosity....Lets do some math....

If you were delivering resi stops and you had long walks of 100 feet, (1/3 of a football field to the FD) totaling 200 feet back and forth...200/26,400ft or 5 miles, would be 132 stops by lunch...If you get on area at 9am and stop at noon that is 3 hours...3/132=44 SPORH....Even if it is 4hours/132 it would be 33 SPORH...

You my friend are managements run and gun hero...I'm just sayin:happy-very:

Either that or it's time for a new watch...:peaceful::funny:

I'm having a hard time believing you consider a 100 feet a long driveway.. I consider that a close one.. STUG has already stated he walks all driveways so he is probably walking more than 100 foot driveways.

I can't do the math to get the mileage, I'm just a truck driver.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
You certainly provoked my curiosity....Lets do some math....

If you were delivering resi stops and you had long walks of 100 feet, (1/3 of a football field to the FD) totaling 200 feet back and forth...200/26,400ft or 5 miles, would be 132 stops by lunch...If you get on area at 9am and stop at noon that is 3 hours...3/132=44 SPORH....Even if it is 4hours/132 it would be 33 SPORH...

You my friend are managements run and gun hero...I'm just sayin:happy-very:

Either that or it's time for a new watch...:peaceful::funny:

Hi BBH,

You're correct..he could have even taken a 3 mile run before work and included that..Who knows...:surprised:
Definitely not running/gunning. I started the watch when I started the route at 8:45. I took lunch at 14:55, at which point I stopped the watch. I then compared the miles driven to the miles on the watch and came up with a 5 mile difference. I had 120 stops off at this time, with the bulk of my pickups and 11 resi deliveries left. As was said, I walk ALL of my resi driveways.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Definitely not running/gunning. I started the watch when I started the route at 8:45. I took lunch at 14:55, at which point I stopped the watch. I then compared the miles driven to the miles on the watch and came up with a 5 mile difference. I had 120 stops off at this time, with the bulk of my pickups and 11 resi deliveries left. As was said, I walk ALL of my resi driveways.

Got it!...That's late for lunch, I'm a little older than you and that's almost dinner time for me...:happy-very:JK..I would imagine you must be snacking as you go along otherwise I don't know how you wait that long especially since you're moving all day long.

I know you are not the run and gun type it was my attempt at humor, any idea on how many miles for the whole day?

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG

its ok steve-- come to the dark side

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Got it!...That's late for lunch, I'm a little older than you and that's almost dinner time for me...:happy-very:JK..I would imagine you must be snacking as you go along otherwise I don't know how you wait that long especially since you're moving all day long.

I know you are not the run and gun type it was my attempt at humor, any idea on how many miles for the whole day?
I believe it was 68/69 miles. Funny that you mention run/gun, because I checked the report this morning and I was -127 underallowed for the day, LOL, go figure.

This Garmin 405 is the coolest gadget. It gives you pace, pace avg., heart rate, cadence (for cycling, you can swim with it and all the info uploads to a computer website, which stores all of your data. It even has an outline map for your journey. Here's the map from yesterday. If you zoom into the map (this is just a picture of the original) you can actually see where I leave the pkg car and come back.

myroute.jpg

its ok steve-- come to the dark side
Sorry hf, been there and have the surgical scars from where I tore my hip socket blazing in and out of the car. 30 years is a friggin long time to be running to get home. When you retire, you'll have spent so much time at home, that it'll drive you crazy, just sayin...

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Sorry hf, been there and have the surgical scars from where I tore my hip socket blazing in and out of the car. 30 years is a friggin long time to be running to get home. When you retire, you'll have spent so much time at home, that it'll drive you crazy, just sayin...
but...thats...where...the ...beer....is.......... actually when i retire,,,soon,,i plan on goin into the florida highway patrol,, i have allready started the process

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
but...thats...where...the ...beer....is.......... actually when i retire,,,soon,,i plan on goin into the florida highway patrol,, i have allready started the process
Oh brother, now I'll have a young gun FHP pulling me over, everyday. That's cool if you can swing it though. That was my choice of work, long ago, but my misspent youth put an end to that.