Tom Rogers thinks you’re overpaid and don’t need to strike

Commercial Inside Release

Splitting the stock after the dust settles could be a good move by the company. Especially, if the Teamsters make concessions, and the company gets it way. Wall Street loves blood on the company floor. Publicly abusing your employees gets your stock some love from investors... And, that fits with Carol's style and "Better not Bigger" trajectory.

But, the days of UPS doubling stock price overnight are over... Unless something crazy happens. Like shedding the Teamsters, selling out to Amazon, merging with a competitor, etc.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Splitting the stock after the dust settles could be a good move by the company. Especially, if the Teamsters make concessions, and the company gets it way. Wall Street loves blood on the company floor. Publicly abusing your employees gets your stock some love from investors... And, that fits with Carol's style and "Better not Bigger" trajectory.

But, the days of UPS doubling stock price overnight are over... Unless something crazy happens. Like shedding the Teamsters, selling out to Amazon, merging with a competitor, etc.

…or if a Chinese bio lab gets clumsy again…

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Ok. Now my question, is that before this lowly driver was allowed to buy stock? Now that this has
come up I'm remembering the split but I don't think us newbies were included
I had money in the Thrift Plan and when that was done away with I bought some stock and put the rest in an IRA. I was hourly my whole career so it was sold to us right before it went public. It went from $25 a share to $50, I still have those 144 shares that are worth $26,578 right now.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I had money in the Thrift Plan and when that was done away with I bought some stock and put the rest in an IRA. I was hourly my whole career so it was sold to us right before it went public. It went from $25 a share to $50, I still have those 144 shares that are worth $26,578 right now.

@scratch .. do you remember the year we had to exit the Thrift Plan, I believe it was in 1995..?

UPS stock went public in “99”, a question was asked about when we Union folk were permitted to purchase UPS stock before that? I know we had access to it when the Thrift Plan was terminated and did the stock split before it went public or after?

The question is out there for the old timers also..🤔

oldupsman

@scratch .. do you remember the year we had to exit the Thrift Plan, I believe it was in 1995..?

UPS stock went public in “99”, a question was asked about when we Union folk were permitted to purchase UPS stock before that? I know we had access to it when the Thrift Plan was terminated and did the stock split before it went public or after?

The question is out there for the old timers also..🤔
I'm not sure of the exact year.
I'm in the same era as you two and now I'm really confused. I thought that both the end of the
thrift plan and buying stock happened in 1996 before the 97 strike. That's why UPS was so
surprised that we walked in 97. They figured now that we owned stock we wouldn't strike.

Michael Scott

Sean O’Brien also wrote an article in Newsweek, published on the same day as the Rogers crap.

I hope alot of the public reads that article, pretty well done.