Tool talk

We were nailing the 5/8 T&G flooring down for the second floor around the edge. The nail went through the sheet and was deflected sideways by the rounded edge of the 2x10 under it. Shot out and went about an inch into my stomach.

Thank God my six pack is in an insulated cooler.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
We were nailing the 5/8 T&G flooring down for the second floor around the edge. The nail went through the sheet and was deflected sideways by the rounded edge of the 2x10 under it. Shot out and went about an inch into my stomach.

Thank God my six pack is in an insulated cooler.
Powder divers can give a similar effect. Mind where your feet are, especially while working on really old hard concrete.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Here's a tip that came to me the hard way. Don't crouch directly behind your powered floor jack in a dimly lit shop while lifting an 8000 lb vehicle.

raceanoncr

Homemade tools can be great, but the company won't let us have them for shop tools.

Funny.

Here, yrs ago, P/C mech invented (and got some kinda patent for it too) something the shop needed. BIG todo over that! Plaques, assemblies, broken arms (from pats on the back).

A few years later, he fought tooth and nail to get into feeders. Got fired for violence issue, got back, got into feeders, crashed a couple times, had another issue, has been gone permanent for long time now.

Wonder if he's still got all his "good boy, we love you" papers?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

That's it. So all in all we have a metric and standard set of Armstrong ratcheting wrenches. 4 pair of channellocks. A wrights 3/8 ratchet in a 1/4 body. An 8" Armstrong adjustable wrench and 2 Nicholson files.

rod

Retired 22 years
Has anyone had any experience using one of those Little Giant ladders? For some reason I have the urge to buy one. I don't have a clue why I need another ladder but I have some "fun money" to burn and ...............