Tool talk

brown bomber

brown bomber
I use WD-40 to remove stains from the siding on my house,..it works quite well to remove old dried on stains. I've used it to remove bird crap,..and the dried on eggs that the local punks threw at my house. I occasionally used it as a penetrant to bust a nut

M

Mike hunt

I use WD-40 to remove stains from the siding on my house,..it works quite well to remove old dried on stains. I've used it to remove bird crap,..and the dried on eggs that the local punks threw at my house. I occasionally used it as a penetrant to bust a nut
How do you get that grease off your junk?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
They make cleaners for that that won't leave an oily residue and won't break down the siding.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
It's funny WD-40 is a pretty terrible lubricant compared to whats out there now. I use it mostly as a rust preventer.
Actually the WD40 works a lot better than the new crap we're made to use now. Never had rust developing on the brake handles between PMIs till we started using the SPL100. The SPL is valued mostly as a preservative than a lube. We need both.

rod

Retired 22 years

we used to egg the old grouchy guys house-----don't tell me you are that guy on your block

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
We've used linseed oil as a protectant on our equipment especially the stuff exposed to salt. If it's put on when something's new it does a great job on making stuff last.

Brownslave688

Not a high quality machine by any stretch but if it holds up for a few years it'll make me happy and I should pretty much always be able to get my money back. $15 is a long crap on the OT clock. Lol.

rod

Retired 22 years
Not a high quality machine by any stretch but if it holds up for a few years it'll make me happy and I should pretty much always be able to get my money back. $15 is a long crap on the OT clock. Lol.

I've had good luck with Ryobi even though its on the "cheap" end of the scale. I bought a Ryobi belt sander because I needed to redo a large deck and it never missed a beat.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Been wanting these for a very long time. Finally pulled the trigger.
Be careful with the 17" I snapped mine. Thought it would be a good mix between the lengths and tried to pop a large pulley. Snapped right at the bevel by shank. Been a pretty good set overall though.

Brownslave688

Be careful with the 17" I snapped mine. Thought it would be a good mix between the lengths and tried to pop a large pulley. Snapped right at the bevel by shank. Been a pretty good set overall though.
In addition to these I've got a 45 incher. All I need is the big dog now. Lol

Lifetime warranty. Im assuming you called mayhew?

They flex a little more than my buddies snap on pry bars but they get the job done.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
In addition to these I've got a 45 incher. All I need is the big dog now. Lol
Lifetime warranty. Im assuming you called mayhew?
They flex a little more than my buddies snap on pry bars but they get the job done.
The 56"...nice. I never bothered calling them since I bought the set off Amazon. I suppose if I could find it in the mess of tools I could call them and get it replaced.

Brownslave688

Been busy trying to get a bunch of my tools on the wall so I can make room in my tool cart. I really want a large 72" box but don't have the space or money right now.