Tool talk

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
but, but, it's got wheels on one side, and the little housewife on tv wheels it all around. I'm the same way, they sure have those commercials about that ladder down pat. Make it look easy.. talk about piercings, I shot a nail thru my glove and my thumb last year. luckily it missed bone and just passed thru meat. It was a sore SOB for several weeks, tho. It went into a piece of wood, turned 90 degrees and went out the side.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Well I decided it was time to upgrade my socket set. I wanted usa made but not tool truck prices. Another forum I'm on had a special group buy for SK on sept 23.

SK really dropped the ball and likely lost a ton of future business. The group bought over 60k in tools over a 2 day period. Along with production problems that led to many back orders(just got the last of my order last week). The product quality also did not reflect the price. Here's some pics.

Brownslave688

Maybe you should have just bought the Walmart store brand tools. Probably made at the same factory in China.
These are made in the USA in sycamore illinois I believe.

Chinese tools are still behind the curve. However Tiawan is 1/3 the price and very high quality.

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
Merry Xmas to me.

Milwaukee calls their new impact bits Shockwave? Industry bought the same set packaged as Dewalt called Flexsteel.
What voltage is that toolset? I have Dewalt 18v but I'm seriously considering switching to the 20v because the batteries are cheaper now.

Brownslave688

Milwaukee calls their new impact bits Shockwave? Industry bought the same set packaged as Dewalt called Flexsteel.
What voltage is that toolset? I have Dewalt 18v but I'm seriously considering switching to the 20v because the batteries are cheaper now.
Yep shockwave. It's the m18 stuff. I bought my brother the m12 drill/impact driver set for $99 @ Home Depot too good of a deal to pass up. Can't decide if the wife is getting the same set or if I'm just gonna buy it for myself. Lol.

The 20v stuff is kind of a scam. I've done a lot of reading. The batteries can only disperse 20v for a
Split second when the trigger is first pulled. The difference comes in run time and full power until the battery dies but that's just nicad vs lithium ion.

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
Actually the Dewalts have two 18v style batteries. The NiMH ( nickel metal-hydride) and the Li-Ion. The NiMH are like nicads in that they develop a memory. The Li-Ion are better but for the price of one 18v Li-Ion you can get two 20v versions.

Brownslave688

Actually the Dewalts have two 18v style batteries. The NiMH ( nickel metal-hydride) and the Li-Ion. The NiMH are like nicads in that they develop a memory. The Li-Ion are better but for the price of one 18v Li-Ion you can get two 20v versions.
Yeah li-ion is expensive but really seems worth it. I got lucky in that all I have cordless wise is was few craftsmen that needed upgrading. So basically starting from scratch.

Picked milwaukee mostly for warranty. Tools for 5 years and batteries for 2 years. Brushless and Li-ion are the two things that make the most difference right now. But they sure cost you.

oldngray

nowhere special
Funny-humorous-quotes-DIY-Tip-7-890x667.jpg

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
Sweet. I treated my self to a new set of brushless Dewalt Impact driver and hammer drill last night. The local Farm and Fleet had them on sale at a prize that even EBay couldn't beat.

Brownslave688

Sweet. I treated my self to a new set of brushless Dewalt Impact driver and hammer drill last night. The local Farm and Fleet had them on sale at a prize that even EBay couldn't beat.
I've got a buddy that runs an industrial supply store. I get milwaukee at cost. Which I guess margins are very low so it's not dirt cheap but as good as you're gonna get.