Turnover

vantexan

It's obvious where you get your news from. The military has not labeled Bergdahl a deserter, not charged him as such, nor is it entirely clear that they plan to.
And you are missing the forest for the trees. If our gov't sends a signal that they'll swap prisoners with terrorists it puts our citizens overseas, soldiers or civilians, at great risk. And I believe the military is investigating Bergdahl.

bbsam

Staff member
And you are missing the forest for the trees. If our gov't sends a signal that they'll swap prisoners with terrorists it puts our citizens overseas, soldiers or civilians, at great risk. And I believe the military is investigating Bergdahl.
Has Edward Snowden taught you nothing? The five are dead men walking.

bbsam

Staff member
The military may or may not make an official designation one way or the other. I'm sure that there are PR calculations being made and probably political ones as well. One thing is clear, though: at this point no one who served with him and knew him has anything good to say about him. That doesn't carry any official weight, but it speaks volumes.
Pretty sad that the lone prisoner of war is being accused and vilified by the "hate Obama" crowd. That, as you say, speaks volumes.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Pretty sad that the lone prisoner of war is being accused and vilified by the "hate Obama" crowd. That, as you say, speaks volumes.

Even if he was a deserter (yet to be proven), we don't leave our soldiers behind. And for that, Obama is once again the bad guy. (Psst...he's BLACK!) If BHO was white, we'd have none of this garbage.

Even if he was a deserter (yet to be proven), we don't leave our soldiers behind. And for that, Obama is once again the bad guy. (Psst...he's BLACK!) If BHO was white, we'd have none of this garbage.

So what do you call strolling off the base in the middle of the night?

I call it something that hasn't been proven yet.

There's a wikileaks cable that establishes that he disappeared during the night at his post.

At 0430Z, TF 1 Geronimo reported a B Co missing soldier after he did not show up for the 0900L morning roll call at Mest OP, grid 42SVB 59236 47877 Yahya Khail District, Paktika.
LLVI receives traffic that an American Soldier with a camera is looking for someone who speaks English.

I don't meet the post limit to link the to the actual cable, but a quick google search will bring it up.

yadig

Have you heard what the soldiers who were with him are saying? He deserted his post! I'll take there word for it and leave the politics out of it. You obviously have never served..

vantexan

You guys ripped Bush nonstop and still are. You can always tell a liberal because when in a corner they always bring up the race card. If Obama can't be judged on the quality of his actions because he's black then race relations will never go forward in the U.S. simply because liberals won't let them. But guess what, Obama has done plenty to be critical of, and he's hurt the middle class and lowered the stature of our country around the world. If he would do everything possible to create jobs I'd shut up, but he won't because it might mean a few rich guys get richer and we can't have that. Yeah, let's keep the U.S. from drilling as much as possible, let's kill the coal industry, let's do everything to attack the rich because that's justice, even if it keeps millions unemployed. Stupid is as stupid does- Forest Gump.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You guys ripped Bush nonstop and still are. You can always tell a liberal because when in a corner they always bring up the race card. If Obama can't be judged on the quality of his actions because he's black then race relations will never go forward in the U.S. simply because liberals won't let them. But guess what, Obama has done plenty to be critical of, and he's hurt the middle class and lowered the stature of our country around the world. If he would do everything possible to create jobs I'd shut up, but he won't because it might mean a few rich guys get richer and we can't have that. Yeah, let's keep the U.S. from drilling as much as possible, let's kill the coal industry, let's do everything to attack the rich because that's justice, even if it keeps millions unemployed. Stupid is as stupid does- Forest Gump.

"Forest" is a place, "Forrest" is a name. Yep, I'm the dumb one.

bbsam

Staff member
Have you heard what the soldiers who were with him are saying? He deserted his post! I'll take there word for it and leave the politics out of it. You obviously have never served..
Well then, court martial proceedings should be pretty much a slam dunk. Those who served have their opinions and are welcome to them. They are, however, speaking outside their rank and their media comments won't make it into any court martial proceedings.

yadig

Well then, court martial proceedings should be pretty much a slam dunk. Those who served have their opinions and are welcome to them. They are, however, speaking outside their rank and their media comments won't make it into any court martial proceedings.
Well, well, even the traitor's home town is ditching him! I guess its Fox news, or even Bush's fault. I can give you a list of things that Bush did that was awful.. Can you think of one thing Obama has done that you would consider bad? Im guesing not. Mr. Fedex would be on same page with you.. But, why is alot of the same people that was in Bush administration in Obama's?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Well, well, even the traitor's home town is ditching him! I guess its Fox news, or even Bush's fault. I can give you a list of things that Bush did that was awful.. Can you think of one thing Obama has done that you would consider bad? Im guesing not. Mr. Fedex would be on same page with you.. But, why is alot of the same people that was in Bush administration in Obama's?

His home town is "ditching him" due to security concerns alone, not for any belief as to whether he is a hero or a traitor.

bbsam

Staff member
I could do without the new CAFE standards and wouldn't mind seeing the Keystone pipeline approved by now. Not a big fan of Obama allowing "too big to fail" get even bigger.