Union Politics - Where is the last TDU candidate now?

10 point

It took 5 months and a trip to the panel for the labor manager to acknowledge that I was even on the list.
He tried to make the claim that because, as a steward and I filed on air drivers delivering ground and supervisors working, that I wanted extra work and was not eligible for 9.5 protection.

They will try anything to circumvent the language and filibuster the process.[/QUOTE,]

Sometimes it has to do with the backbone of your local too. A company preys on the weak.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
What are you filing for air drivers getting driver pay or getting driver paid for air driver doing his work?
I file for the contractual violation of the air drivers doing ground work and ask for the company to pay a monetary penalty.
I only grieve when the violations are blatant and persistent, rarely on an individual anomaly.
If they aren't made to pay twice for this work, then they violate at wholesale levels.

How they pay these air drivers doing ground work, I have no way of knowing unless they come to me.
If they do come to me and aren't paid correctly, it's on them to file.

I have filed hundreds of these grievances and have been paid tens of thousand$ over the last ten+ years.
Astonishingly, it doesn't happen nearly as often as it once did.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
It took 5 months and a trip to the panel for the labor manager to acknowledge that I was even on the list.
He tried to make the claim that because, as a steward and I filed on air drivers delivering ground and supervisors working, that I wanted extra work and was not eligible for 9.5 protection.

That was a weak company argument. Nothing to back it up.

It's like bizzaro world.... down there. :biggrin:

If an air driver delivers even 1 ground pkg, then all hours said employee works should be paid at top rate driver pay........

The air department used to pay our drivers top rate, for picking up a single ARS package.

A new supe questioned the Labor person about it and the company stopped it.

I ended up taking a grievance to the National Air committee for less than a $50.00 claim.

It was deadlocked in to arbitration, but the company ended up paying the claim....

Because, neither side wanted to pay the expense to arbitrate it. 2 years later.

Between all the time of (going around the country) to different Panels, my Local

and the company spent thousands of dollars. Over less than $50.00.

Never underestimate, the stupidity of UPS.

Ups ends up paying in the end but they cry kick and scream for as long as the possibly can

They are hoping the grievant gives up.... Or, does something stupid in the meantime.

-Bug-

Last edited:

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

I file for the contractual violation of the air drivers doing ground work and ask for the company to pay a monetary penalty.
I only grieve when the violations are blatant and persistent, rarely on an individual anomaly.
If they aren't made to pay twice for this work, then they violate at wholesale levels.

How they pay these air drivers doing ground work, I have no way of knowing unless they come to me.
If they do come to me and aren't paid correctly, it's on them to file.

I have filed hundreds of these grievances and have been paid tens of thousand$ over the last ten+ years.
Astonishingly, it doesn't happen nearly as often as it once did.
What happened in my area is I got them to pay me for the air driver doing my work said he was taking my ot and now the air driver is getting driver rate and they are paying a driver for the work......air drivers were staying quiet because they liked the extra money extra work and easier work at premium pay

Gimme Danger

I ended up taking a grievance to the National Air committee for less than a $50.00 claim.

It was deadlocked in to arbitration, but the company ended up paying the claim....

Because, neither side wanted to pay the expense to arbitrate it. 2 years later.

Between all the time of (going around the country) to different Panels, my Local

and the company spent thousands of dollars. Over less than $50.00.

Never underestimate, the stupidity of UPS.

-Bug-

Seems like a trend. I hear that from freight friends too. The company doesn't settle locally, but wastes everyone's money with useless travel. All to delay settling to frustrate members.

The Silent Bang

To all who read this thread. A little info on the person who started it. He is and always will be TDU. He along with Edgar E and Mike D, was one of the founders of a group of guys that called themselves Reform 952. They were supported by TDU. He was very vocal about disagreeing with our current ST PK and the Old Guard leaders. In the first election that Reform 952 ran against PK , it was LagunaBrown that talked his fellow reformers to run but didn't have the huevos to do it himself. He refused to put his name on a flyer that had the names of all the steward that supported PK. His old BA said he was not shy when admitting that he would get his info from the TDU. Not much has changed from then to now except now LagunaBrown has been taught by his TDU BA to keep his TDU beliefs to himself. Along with that he has been given a couple treats like being taken to a Unity conference and wined and dined. He also has hopes of maybe getting hired one day and for that reason he has chosen to hide who he really is. He is no Teamster but a TDU opportunist . Mr Benedict Arnold

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/...oes-s-contribute-to-tdu.366961/#ixzz3qGdIXcGD
This is because LagunaBrown is an opportunist and fence sitter that will lean toward whoever he see's will give him an opportunity to get out of the truck. I bet when a slate presents itself as a strong opponent to take out PK he will be contacting them for a pole position ha ha ha ha ha !!!

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
They get dark grey pants and tan shirts.
They do get a nice dark grey jacket.
I have the uniform because i did carwash for awhile

Evil

This is because LagunaBrown is an opportunist and fence sitter that will lean toward whoever he see's will give him an opportunity to get out of the truck. I bet when a slate presents itself as a strong opponent to take out PK he will be contacting them for a pole position ha ha ha ha ha !!!

Word on the street is PK and GM are asking around who's on the "952 Teamsters United to Stop Hooofa and Kelly" delegates slate. They were hoping Edgar E didn't have a full slate but their hopes have been dazzled because they have a full slate. PK is gonna spend $30k in March and another $30K in October. That's money his broke local can't afford to spend.

On the other side the ex leader of the Hoofa movement in Laguna has flipped and will happily wear a red vest at the convention if elected. How will his Laguna peers perceived him wearing a vest supporting the bastard he helped demonize in Laguna? Haha

PK, the Budweiser guys send you and your VP a Merry Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

LagunaBrown

Word on the street
Oh, never heard that (TDU) one before...... :hesaidsmiley::shesaidsmiley:

They were hoping Edgar E didn't have a full slate but their hopes have been dazzled because they have a full slate

That flyer of E.E. backing a porter from local 804 is what is really dazzling. I hope they really do have a slate and lose again, I know they have lost every local and delegate election since 2010. Did not spend anytime in last 6 years getting better or doing activities with the Local (a failed sandy pope campaign and hand billing for reform952 doesn't count as organizing). They never learned political action or lobbied for Union friendly candidates and they have the same exact issues as every election with less qualified people. They are only concerned about getting control, not members issues so basically they will take whoever they can get to volunteer with little or no experience. So "I can't wait" to be dazzled even more! Seriously, whomever is dumb enough to join that slate is gonna be laughed at.

PK is gonna spend $30k in March and another $30K in October. That's money his broke local can't afford to spend.

Typical TDU garbage...... Complain about the finances but cost the local tens of thousands in failed elections. Every year the reforms lose votes 2010 - 446 votes, 2013 - 342 votes Ha Ha Ha.

veL6DyCLYL3Fu.gif

Last edited:

WeDon'tForget

Oh, never heard that (TDU) one before...... :hesaidsmiley::shesaidsmiley:

That flyer of E.E. backing a porter from local 804 is what is really dazzling. I hope they really do have a slate and lose again, I know they have lost every local and delegate election since 2010. Did not spend anytime in last 6 years getting better or doing activities with the Local (a failed sandy pope campaign and hand billing for reform952 doesn't count as organizing). They never learned political action or lobbied for Union friendly candidates and they have the same exact issues as every election with less qualified people. They are only concerned about getting control, not members issues so basically they will take whoever they can get to volunteer with little or no experience. So "I can't wait" to be dazzled even more! Seriously, whomever is dumb enough to join that slate is gonna be laughed at.

Typical TDU garbage...... Complain about the finances but cost the local tens of thousands in failed elections. Every year the reforms lose votes 2010 - 446 votes, 2013 - 342 votes Ha Ha Ha.

veL6DyCLYL3Fu.gif
Here's some numbers for you. 2010 election PK got close to 1200 votes. 2013 election PK got 854. That's a loss over 300 votes. You jumped on a wagon that's headed for a cliff. HaHaHa

Here's some numbers for you. 2010 election PK got close to 1200 votes. 2013 election PK got 854. That's a loss over 300 votes. You jumped on a wagon that's headed for a cliff. HaHaHa
Here's some numbers for you. If you don't go out and get some actual action from a female you will always be a dork. Is this the legacy you want to live. Get off the dudes roosters. It's a bad look.