Union Politics - Where is the last TDU candidate now?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Bro, 9.5 grievance is not something that would ever go to panel. If you work over 9.5 3 out of the 5 days you win your grievance. Period. Nothing to discuss, except how they are planning on fixing the problem , and how much you are getting for penalty pay, which is all handeled at the local level.......
In providence, 95 grievances get thrown away.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
In providence, 95 grievances get thrown away.
Lmfao. Thrown away huh......
image.jpg

wide load

Wide, I'm not privy to what grievances are brought to panel. Why don't you ask other locals if 9.5 grievances are brought to panel, since you know so much.
You talk of dictatorship?
I voted in a local election, which wiped out the old administration. The old administration fought hard against shop steward elections. They were against the by laws change.
The new officials have shop steward elections, the policy is posted on the bulletin board.
I voted in a steward election, and I'm happy with the result. If at any point I'm not happy and have the stones to step up, I can get a petition for an election.
There was an election recently, right? Didn't a former E board member get beaten in an election?
If he can't win his own center, how could he win in a local election? I'm not like you, and say 'why waste our dues money on an election the challenger can't possibly win.' Wah wah wah. Let him run, and let him lose again. That's democracy.
You saying one of the slates coming out can't possibly win? Interesting methodology. Wasn't that stewards election swayed by the BA? The BA was guiding votes verbally. Your own stewards were appalled at the behavior.
As for 95 stuff, Ido talk to many locals. Their 95 is a slam dunk. Yours is a joke!
Btw, what happened with those sleeper team jobs? That rally was very sad. What's up with losing those jobs?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

I'm in the Central Region and it took about a year and a half, two stints on the 9.5 list, nine 9.5 grievances and several harassment grievances to get paid in full.

No worries for me, but then again, not everybody has my fortitude.
Ups ends up paying in the end but they cry kick and scream for as long as the possibly can

wide load

Keep filing them, it strengthens your position.

How is it that them "not being addressed" is tolerated?
After 2 years, people have lost faith in the new administration. People gave up filing. The seldom that have gotten paid initially were at 10 cents on the dollar. But people can believe what they want, members will speak.

wide load

Ummmmmm. How would a dues paying member , file it, then just allow it to go nowhere??? I would be calling the hall on a daily basis. Asking when it would be heard. I would go over there head if I got the brush off longer than a few weeks.....
The excuse is that "it got denied a pre-panel". The member fears not only retaliation from the company but also from the BA, and lack of faith.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
After 2 years, people have lost faith in the new administration. People gave up filing. The seldom that have gotten paid initially were at 10 cents on the dollar. But people can believe what they want, members will speak.
It's up to you , no one else Wut you accept .......your ba will advise you, but ultimately , it is still the members decision if he wants to accept.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Ups ends up paying in the end but they cry kick and scream for as long as the possibly can
It took 5 months and a trip to the panel for the labor manager to acknowledge that I was even on the list.
He tried to make the claim that because, as a steward and I filed on air drivers delivering ground and supervisors working, that I wanted extra work and was not eligible for 9.5 protection.

They will try anything to circumvent the language and filibuster the process.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

It took 5 months and a trip to the panel for the labor manager to acknowledge that I was even on the list.
He tried to make the claim that because, as a steward and I filed on air drivers delivering ground and supervisors working, that I wanted extra work and was not eligible for 9.5 protection.

They will try anything to circumvent the language and filibuster the process.
What are you filing for air drivers getting driver pay or getting driver paid for air driver doing his work?