UPS 20 yrs from now!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
20 yrs from now came to my house yesterday. Four sets of custom valve stems delivered by FDX ground! At least my Medco refill will come next week by UPS...that's about all I get coming UPS!!!!!!!!
We get about half by UPS and half by FedEX and the other half by the Post Office. :wink2:

fxdwg

Long Time Member
There will be some form of UPS in 20 years, no doubt about it. The Union though??? THAT I am skeptical about.
Things have and will continue to change/ evolve and I don't see the Union moving along at all.
Same demands, same expectations, same rhetoric, very different outcomes and results.
Just my opinion, which was asked for.

Today I actually received a delivery from UPS from two different shippers. My Medco medicine and some car parts I had ordered online. For those who have never received a Medco shipment of medicine, it comes in a white plastic pack that is nearly indestructable. The car parts (8) weighed no more than 10-15# and none were damaged. I must admit that my heart was beating faster than normal as the box was beat to sh#t. Why is that? I started thinking about the condition of the cartons I have recently had delivered by USPS and FEDEX. For the most part they were pristine and you would never know they traveled accross the country. Why should it be any different for those delivered by UPS? There are many UPSers involved in the movement from Point A to Point B. Many can give reasons and excuses and point blame at each other from drivers to hubs or reloads to preloads and drivers again. So why is UPS so different from USPS and FEDEX in the way UPS handles or should I say chooses to handle it's customers packages? :angry:

Last edited:

satellitedriver

Today I actually received a delivery from UPS from two different shippers. My Medco medicine and some car parts I had ordered online. For those who have never received a Medco shipment of medicine, it comes in a white plastic pack that is nearly indestructable. The car parts (8) weighed no more than 10-15# and none were damaged. I must admit that my heart was beating faster than normal as the box was beat to sh#t. Why is that? I started thinking about the condition of the cartons I have recently had delivered by USPS and FEDEX. For the most part they were pristine and you would never know they traveled accross the country. Why should it be any different for those delivered by UPS? There are many UPSers involved in the movement from Point A to Point B. Many can give reasons and excuses and point blame at each other from drivers to hubs or reloads to preloads and drivers again. So why is UPS so different from USPS and FEDEX in the way UPS handles or should I say chooses to handle it's customers packages? :angry:
In a nut shell,
the shipper is "our"/UPS customer.
-( meaning revenue is our/ups only customer)-
The consignee is the shippers customer and the majority of claims will be denied, or delayed.
Do I agree with this philosophy?
Hell no.

JustTired

free at last.......
In a nut shell,
the shipper is "our"/UPS customer.
-( meaning revenue is our/ups only customer)-
The consignee is the shippers customer and the majority of claims will be denied, or delayed.
Do I agree with this philosophy?
Hell no.

When we contract to pick up that shippers pkg......we become that shipper. That shippers customer becomes our customer. How we represent ourselves is a direct reflection on how that shipper is perceived.

This has always been my contention. I'm not sure it reflects the opinion of UPS.......but it should. In my opinion....it only makes common sense.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
When we contract to pick up that shippers pkg......we become that shipper. That shippers customer becomes our customer. How we represent ourselves is a direct reflection on how that shipper is perceived.

This has always been my contention. I'm not sure it reflects the opinion of UPS.......but it should. In my opinion....it only makes common sense.
Good luck finding THAT!