UPS Driver commits suicide

over9five

Staff member
Sorry, I was reading through the first couple pages and it mentioned something about life issurance policies, just thought Id throw that out there.

I don't think you have to be sorry. There are time limits on making claims for life insurance (there is on mine). It's something Mrs Barnett or a family member should be looking into real soon.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Tie

that was a wonderful post. thank you. i think i needed that as much as she. again, thank you!

Janice

if i came off a bit hard in the earlier post, please forgive me. it is the big brother instinct that i seem to have regarding those that have a serious crisis in their lives.

all the "off base" remarks regarding life insurance etc were some you will have to face before and after the funeral. take the life insurance. unless he had pre planned his funeral, that leaves you with the task. and paying for it is part of that task. most if not all funeral homes will take an assignment from the life insurance so the family does not have to fork out serious money at the time they can afford it least. that is where the clauses in your insurance come into play.

as for the rest, that can wait until after you put your best friend and husband to rest. we can help if needed. we will be here for as long as you want us to be.

sorry that i can not physically offer my broad shoulders to you, i guess the internet version will have to do.

daniel

FAVREFAN

May the members of UPS management who helped push this guy over the edge, live with this on their conscience everyday for the rest of their lives.
So, so sorry.
You must carry on......
You must carry on.

govols019

You smell that?
They followed him? My understanding was that it was a customer that called in a complaint that got him caught.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

cigpark

Janice,

I also work in the Tennessee district and I thank you for sharing your memories with us. We are all very sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family. God bless you and comfort you through this difficult time.

skid mark

In Rememberance of Jimi
They followed him? My understanding was that it was a customer that called in a complaint that got him caught.

He may have had a customer complaint, but then they followed him. If you know about the customer complaint then you know the relationship between Jim and ******. ****** did not like Jim and they constantly had words. No Jim was not perfect but he did not deserve what happened to him that day or the harrashment he received over the years.

Last edited by a moderator:

Overpaid Union Thug

He may have had a customer complaint, but then they followed him. If you know about the customer complaint then you know the relationship between Jim and ******. ****** did not like Jim and they constantly had words. No Jim was not perfect but he did not deserve what happened to him that day or the harrashment he received over the years.

I know a little more about what happened than most people on the board could unless they work in the area. I can say that the way in which your husband was approached afterwards could have been handled much better.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
I know a little more about what happened than most people on the board could unless they work in the area. I can say that the way in which your husband was approached afterwards could have been handled much better.

I feel that all and any remarks about why or how things got to the point they did are irrelevant in this thread.

I think trplnkl's advice is invaluable especially condering these circumstances. Thanks!:peaceful: