UPS drivers & their pickup trucks.

ManInBrown

Why does everyone with a pickup truck, drive like an :censored2:?

Anyone ever seen someone with a pickup truck, NOT driving 3 inches behind the person in front of them? Not me

rod

Retired 22 years
Different strokes for different folks. I personally hate all cars and could never justify a purchase like that to myself but I've seen a handful of bikes I'd easily drop $25k on. Some people like trucks. Their money. Whatever.

My bike had a sticker price of $27,648 (I didn't pay that much for it-- end of year special). Then when you get it you go nuts for the first year adding accessories. It cost a minimum of a hundred bucks just to walk into a Harley shop (more if the wife is with and wants some HD clothing). Could my money be spent wiser? ---you bet-----------------do I care?-----hell no. I'm going to have fun while I still can.

rod

Retired 22 years

Anyone ever seen someone with a pickup truck, NOT driving 3 inches behind the person in front of them? Not me

Like I used to tell people on my UPS route----If you don't like the way I drive-stay off the sidewalk.

JL 0513

Seriously, I notice this all the time. It seems like they think they can bully other motorists because they're in a big bad truck. I bet they all have small hands. ;)

Faceplanted

I got the coolest wheels on here. My garage totals 1200 crank hp between 3 cars. Haters gone hate! And no I won't disclose any info about what I whip cause I have some easy to recognize and rare vehicles.

ManInBrown

Seriously, I notice this all the time. It seems like they think they can bully other motorists because they're in a big bad truck. I bet they all have small hands. ;)
Yup. And small feet. It just seems like an attempt to make up for shortcoming's in other areas. Especially the :censored3: with the monster tire pickup trucks

ManInBrown

Maybe you should pedal your Prius a little faster then if you don't want to get ran over.:-)
So let me get this straight. Every single vehicle on the road that isn't a pickup truck, needs to drive a little faster to accommodate the BIG BAD MANLY man driving his really cool pickup truck?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
My bike had a sticker price of $27,648 (I didn't pay that much for it-- end of year special). Then when you get it you go nuts for the first year adding accessories. It cost a minimum of a hundred bucks just to walk into a Harley shop (more if the wife is with and wants some HD clothing). Could my money be spent wiser? ---you bet-----------------do I care?-----hell no. I'm going to have fun while I still can.
It's nice that your wife rides with you and likes HD stuff. I roll my eyes every time I talk to some guy with some limp excuse about how he can't get a bike because his wife "won't let him". Like christ, dude.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Yup. And small feet. It just seems like an attempt to make up for shortcoming's in other areas. Especially the :censored3: with the monster tire pickup trucks
What? My hands and feet aren't that big but I always opt for smaller vehicles. It must be somewhere else they have the shortcoming...

clean hairy

SMH

I sit in my little 10 grand 5 speed four door power nothing Chevy sedan and shake my head at the guy who just drove his 40000 dollar Tacoma to ups so it can rot in the lot for 12 hours a day.

Now at home we've got a brand new top of the line mini van (power everything, dual DVDs, etc) and a nearly new E350 (waiting to get the pimped out sprinter)

Seriously, are you all that materialistic as to need to stroke your junk by leaving 40 grand on the lot all day everyday?
Really not a concern to me.
A person buys a vehicle and is happy with the vehicle and the price, that is the only important thing.

jeff beck

28 years ago I bought a Toyota pu and still use it for hauling only, as I did for years running my landscaping business. I bought his and hers priuses to commute because of low maintenance costs, reliability, emissions, size for my tall family of four, and price. Cars are a bad investment but it is a somewhat free country and you should do what you feel is best. I am old enough to be driving in the late seventies and I prefer that the oil gods and OPEC would not squeeze my balls too tightly the next time they choose to. In addition, I study the compensation of top executives at various companies and find that some are less obscene than others. Recently at the building I work at a new and very expensive system was installed with no input from us peons who would have to make it work in contrast to Toyota where employee suggestions are solicited and very frequently implemented.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I drive a 2012 Prius. Awesome car, I love it. I also own a 1996 Ford friend-250 4x4 with only 127k on it. Awesome truck, I love it also but its a gas hog with a lousy stereo so I only drive it when I need a truck or 4 wheel drive. I am 49 and I drive it less than 2K per year so its probably the last truck I will ever own. I see guys my age rolling into work with $40K "mid life crisis" Chargers, Camaros, Mustangs or jacked up 4X4's and I just shake my head.

ManInBrown

SMH

I sit in my little 10 grand 5 speed four door power nothing Chevy sedan and shake my head at the guy who just drove his 40000 dollar Tacoma to ups so it can rot in the lot for 12 hours a day.

Now at home we've got a brand new top of the line mini van (power everything, dual DVDs, etc) and a nearly new E350 (waiting to get the pimped out sprinter)

Seriously, are you all that materialistic as to need to stroke your junk by leaving 40 grand on the lot all day everyday?

You work 7 days a week?

Future

Victory Ride
I got the coolest wheels on here. My garage totals 1200 crank hp between 3 cars. Haters gone hate! And no I won't disclose any info about what I whip cause I have some easy to recognize and rare vehicles.
image.gif