UPS drivers & their pickup trucks.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
That's the bike I want ... been thinking seriously about getting rid of my Gold Wing and RoadKing and getting an Ultra.
I keep waiting until Harley puts a water radiator on their bikes.
You're about a year or two late. The whole touring lineup is water cooled now.

DOK

In my approximate 30 driver center, seems like most of the guys have either a GMC, Chevy, or Ford. A few Toyotas..I'm a Toyota guy, myself. Can't wait until I can get myself a Tacoma, or Tundra. What do you prefer? Maybe you aren't a truck guy, but most of the drivers at my center are.
For now, I'm teaching myself contentment, & driving my '07 Pontiac 2dr car..Payment- free, which is what I prefer.

Funny how things are different around the country, dodge pickups rule the parking lot here.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I'm pretty sure if you caught a fish it'd tip your boat during the struggle.
I am quite familiar with Laser sailboats .
Lasers are the speed boat of sailing , thin & light hulls that one person can launch & sail .
I have helped many a sailor launch them .
With the right wind they flip over all by themselves as they are being launched .
We even have a few brave souls that sail them during the winter months .
Get an O'Day sailboat if you want a slow sail , carry a cooler and trawl for fish .

sailfish

I am quite familiar with Laser sailboats .
Lasers are the speed boat of sailing , thin & light hulls that one person can launch & sail .
I have helped many a sailor launch them .
With the right wind they flip over all by themselves as they are being launched .
We even have a few brave souls that sail them during the winter months .
Get an O'Day sailboat if you want a slow sail , carry a cooler and trawl for fish .
Lasers are so much fun. I have more experience on Sunfish and Flying Scots than anything but I'd still like to get my own Laser some day.

Notretiredyet

Only 30 years after everyone else.
Harley was forced into water cooling because of emissions standards. They ran them so lean to meet the standards there was not enough fuel to cool the valves. The first thing most do is enrich the fuel mixture the past few years, but the factory can't sell them that way so they water cool the heads to keep the valves from failing.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
SMH

I sit in my little 10 grand 5 speed four door power nothing Chevy sedan and shake my head at the guy who just drove his 40000 dollar Tacoma to ups so it can rot in the lot for 12 hours a day.

Now at home we've got a brand new top of the line mini van (power everything, dual DVDs, etc) and a nearly new E350 (waiting to get the pimped out sprinter)

Seriously, are you all that materialistic as to need to stroke your junk by leaving 40 grand on the lot all day everyday?

Cute-UPS-Man

SMH

I sit in my little 10 grand 5 speed four door power nothing Chevy sedan and shake my head at the guy who just drove his 40000 dollar Tacoma to ups so it can rot in the lot for 12 hours a day.

Now at home we've got a brand new top of the line mini van (power everything, dual DVDs, etc) and a nearly new E350 (waiting to get the pimped out sprinter)

Seriously, are you all that materialistic as to need to stroke your junk by leaving 40 grand on the lot all day everyday?

I am not a driver at ups so my truck doesn't sit there all day. I have another fulltime job where my truck sits and rots away! My truck didn't cost 40k I got it for 32k. I wanted 4wd but couldn't afford a trd version so I opted for a base Sr5 with 4wd. I leased my truck for 3 years. At the end of the day it's my money and I can do what I want with it, I don't need to explain myself to anyone..

sailfish

SMH

Different strokes for different folks. I personally hate all cars and could never justify a purchase like that to myself but I've seen a handful of bikes I'd easily drop $25k on. Some people like trucks. Their money. Whatever.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
SMH

Bingo.

I bought my Tacoma almost 6 years ago for 20k out the door.

I have to put the key in the door to open it, I have to turn a crank to open the windows and I have to shift gears all by my self.

It's paid for, I love it for what it is and it will almost certainly outlast me.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Different strokes for different folks. I personally hate all cars and could never justify a purchase like that to myself but I've seen a handful of bikes I'd easily drop $25k on. Some people like trucks. Their money. Whatever.

For a two car household with home ownership involved, a small (at least economical) truck is the perfect second car.

YMMV.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
SMH

Top of line mini van?
Sort of an oxymoron