UPS drivers & their pickup trucks.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I agree with you 100%.

I bought my 2011 new in September 2010. Regular cab, base model, 4-cyl, 5-sp and 4wd. Air was standard, but I have to put the key in the lock to open the door and I have to actually crank the windows up and down.
Hey, that's like my truck .( except x-cab )
Bare bones work truck , only paid $17K used .

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The Taco brakes last forever .
On my old '96 , the brake guys always said I had years left on them . But after 10+ yrs I demanded that they replace them . And when I junked that truck the original Firestone ( the ones that were recalled for catching on fire ) was still underneath it as the spare .

I don't care about resale value , I drive my vehicles until they rust away .

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I've been a GM guy my entire life. The last truck I bought for myself was a 2002 4wd 4 door, full size bed Silverado 2500HD with a 6.0 gas engine. Without a doubt the best vehicle I've ever owned The HD has larger brake pads, tranny cooler, beefier suspension, bigger radiator, etc. This truck just flat holds up. I happened to look down at the mileage yesterday. 199,274, and going strong. Wife has a 2014 traverse. She loves it, I hate to drive it, but I don't mind her driving me around in it. lol.
Chevy guy too.
We have the same in our garage. '13 HD, 2010 Traverse. Wife loves her car.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I think one of these would be cool. Could still haul a little boat or tow a motorcycle trailer, which would really be my biggest incentives for a truck.

1981-Volkswagen-Rabbit-Pickup-Truck.jpg