UPS/fedex interactions

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
​I find it advantageous to get along with the Fedex drivers and have a couple that are good friends. My rte that I have now, I learned most of it with the help of the Fedex Express driver. But, then again, I have helped her a few times over the years. It works out pretty well.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
We meet behind the trash dumpsters every Friday night and throw down...Are you serious? Do you think the Costco people go start fights with the crew from Sam's club after work? I'd rather hang out with some Fed/Ex drivers than members of UPS management...

Macbrother

I don't drive yet but last year as a helper helping multiple drivers they were all very cool with the Fedex guys, very friendly, smiling, stopping to chat (briefly), they were sorta like comrade-in-arms.

1080Driver

I've almost always gotten along real well with any of the competitors drivers.......we all have house to pay off, mouthes to feed, & theres plenty of work for everyone

H

htown0721

We meet behind the trash dumpsters every Friday night and throw down...Are you serious? Do you think the Costco people go start fights with the crew from Sam's club after work? I'd rather hang out with some Fed/Ex drivers than members of UPS management...

Honestly guy...it was just a question? I'm sure there are people in management that would rather hang out with an ex-wife than you

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Honestly guy...it was just a question?

Yes, it is just a question, but it's about as foolish as the question the other day about "What do you say when a customer says thank you?"

Unless you are a real tool bag you'll be cordial or perhaps even friendly with the FedEx drivers the same way you would be polite to the customers.

H

htown0721

Unless you are a real tool bag you'll be cordial or perhaps even friendly with the FedEx drivers the same way you would be polite to the customers.[/QUOTE]

Not being a driver, I figured you guys would ignore one another for them most part

OldManAllowance

I would eat lunch with the Fedex guy in my area...The Fedex gal would be nice to sit with too. As UPS people..we have it better than our counterparts...of course we had more work. No such thing as a free lunch.

laffter

I would eat lunch with the Fedex guy in my area...The Fedex gal would be nice to sit with too. As UPS people..we have it better than our counterparts...of course we had more work. No such thing as a free lunch.

I talked to a FedEx Ground driver recently who told me he does about 140 stops daily. I was always under the impression their workload was significantly less.

Cementups

Box Monkey
In our one center we have a lunch spot that at a certain time of the day you can find up to 4 UPS drivers a couple Fed Ex drivers and a few mail carriers all at the same time showing down. The scene definitely gets some looks.

jaker

trolling
I talked to a FedEx Ground driver recently who told me he does about 140 stops daily. I was always under the impression their workload was significantly less.
Ground yes , express guys no

I get alone with the ones on my route for the most part , the express guy we are cool the old ground was cool

Now the new ground guy can suck it , I had to give him my 2cents a few weeks back

Waiting for a pkg said it was delivered but there was no pkg outside when I talk to the wife , I get home check my mailbox ( which I never do because we don't have mail coming to it because it is so far from our house ) well long and behold there is my pkg

I see the guy the next day and ask him ( he couldn't remember how many different ways I told him where I lived ) then he finally remember and he said I was in a rush and your house is far from the road so I put it in the mailbox , I looked at him and said are you supposed to put your stuff in the mailbox ( got the stink eye ) so I said just don't do it again because we don't check the box and if it gets stolen then what are you going to say

Besides that guy I get alone with all of them

over9five

Staff member
Ground yes , express guys no

I get alone with the ones on my route for the most part because we don't check the box and if it gets stolen then what are you going to say ................

Besides that guy I get alone with all of them

What are you guys doing when you're alone together?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Ask him how many miles he drives. The Fedex Ground guy in my area does 100-120 stops per day which is roughly what I do, the difference is that we have about 5-6 routes in the area he covers.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I talk to the Home Delivery driver when we are at the same stop. He used to be my Cover Driver before he got fired for stealing time.