UPS finally says something and means it

After working for this company for over 31 years I have been involved in so many changes that the company says are mandatory for the company's success and just like a lot of you I would Yawn and say that'll never happen. Well to my surprise it's been over 2 1/2 months and overtime has come to a screeching halt not to mention many guys not even getting eight hours. I was shocked to see how many pay guarantees there were on the ops report I have never seen it like that not to mention so many guys upset about losing the overtime and now with these hybrid drivers they're taking away the majority of the overtime for everyone else. We were told this is going to be the new norm and there will be very little if any overtime during peak. Well I know a lot of you will laugh and make all kinds of comments but it's coming your way just thought I would give you a heads up be prepared I feel bad for a lot of the guys that are just starting they can barely make it not to mention the people that were used to the overtime or I should say it was forced on them and it became part of their financial income it's pretty scary I think the company really did us wrong. Also after speaking with the center manager they claim they are killing it on at their financial numbers with not paying all of the overtime even with adding extra drivers will be interesting to see how the fourth quarter results are but that'll be an indication of whether or not this stays.anyhow Will keep you posted but again start downsizing and get a grip of your financial situation truly thought this would never happen. Also would be curious to see how other centers are at this time thanks guys talk to you soon

Load quality in my hub is so bad most drivers can easily get 10-12

DeliveryMachine

Absolutely love the direction we're going with the overtime. It was a huge issue.

If you want more hours you can ask the center manager and they'll give you more work. Have you guys tried asking? Have they ever said no? There's always something to do.
I asked for more hours. That week I got 54 hours. Next week was back to 8-9 hour days. I asked what’s up and he said that they are really trying to get EVERYBODY under 9.5. He said maybe not everyday but I think it’ll be hard to get over 50 hours in a week now even if you beg. Looks like I’ll be volunteering Saturdays to run air

JL 0513

When everyones being dispatched 8-9 hrs, there's not much work available to give to a driver who's asking. There might be some here and there but not much. There's almost never available work on the local sort either if it came to that (in my center). And Saturday air might need 1-2 ground drivers to come in Saturday at least in my center. While about 8 guys are signing up. The sup isn't going to have you sweep the floor or clean toilets either. Cleaners do that during the day.

Nolimitz

Why would you automatically assume that regional pay would result in ten year progressions. I hear your point about your city compared to California prices but management already has pay zones. Where I live is the highest zone but a few hours away it’s not. It’s still California but it’s considerably cheaper. 8 hours a day or 14 hours a day we shouldn’t have the same pay scale across the country. This drop in OT just magnifies that point.
did you read my post? FedEx uses regional pay scales. And they have a 10 year progression for new hires to top of range? If you like regional pay scales move to FedEx....

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
did you read my post? FedEx uses regional pay scales. And they have a 10 year progression for new hires to top of range? If you like regional pay scales move to FedEx....
Did you read my post.....clearly I’m fully aware of what FedEx has and with almost 25 years in I’m not going anywhere.

Vacation

So what part of the country do you live in....after calculating an accurate cost of living adjustment to your area it would be interesting to see if it truly is as easy as you say. If $37 in the Bay Area truly is the appropriate wage what do you think it would be in your area. Let’s say $20 an hour, perhaps then you’d feel differently.

Lol please if I can live on an 40 hour pay check here in NY, NY with having to pay $14,000 a year property taxes I think you will be just fine. East and West coasts have about the same cost of living. Anyway you must be new to UPS. This was the way it was 10 years ago. The only time we had OT was peak.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Lol please if I can live on an 40 hour pay check here in NY, NY with having to pay $14,000 a year property taxes I think you will be just fine. East and West coasts have about the same cost of living. Anyway you must be new to UPS. This was the way it was 10 years ago. The only time we had OT was peak.
Lol.....almost 25 years in. OT here has always been available. Honestly the seemingly forced overtime really has only been an issue about between 5 to 10 years. I’m not referencing myself as much as the new guys that are still in progression. They’re the ones that are really feeling the squeeze. At the end of the day there’s only so many chairs when the music stops.

WTFm8

Had 201 stops today.

9:30 start, they didn’t have a truck to load till 9:55.

80%+ was 7000 shelf... meaning 7000 shelf was 5000, 6000, 7000, 8000 and floor both sides.

Finished loading at 10:50 and sorted a few of the 15-20 stop streets out of the ‘piles’

Left building at 10:55, first stop ~11:25.

Finished at 8 after back tracking 15 stops that I couldn’t find through day cause everything being 7000 shelf and drove 20 min back to building.

The Driver

I drive.
Had 201 stops today.

9:30 start, they didn’t have a truck to load till 9:55.

80%+ was 7000 shelf... meaning 7000 shelf was 5000, 6000, 7000, 8000 and floor both sides.

Finished loading at 10:50 and sorted a few of the 15-20 stop streets out of the ‘piles’

Left building at 10:55, first stop ~11:25.

Finished at 8 after back tracking 15 stops that I couldn’t find through day cause everything being 7000 shelf and drove 20 min back to building.

Good lord SMH...