UPS Pilot Strike! What will you do with the extra time off?

Holydriver

Not quite. Most of the drone pilots are newer Air Force guys or contractors. Usually the Air Force does not train pilots into a new type unless their's is being retired.
I'm about 99% certain you have to be an O4 in order to become a pilot. At least that was the deal in the past. Things may have changed though in the past few years. But they require two operators. A pilot and a sensor guy...you may be thinking of the sensor controller.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I agree.
You can only push people so far.
I think this has been brewing for many years... Interesting thing is this doesn't happen in other divisions of ups....I've talked to ups freight and they seem to be happy with things(except the long hours) ups feeder is a different work environment and many of the non ops functions of this company have a regular 8-5 day and once they are gone nobody is calling them....it's seems to only be pkg operations that think they can walk all over people like packmules...it's all they know... You grow up in the system like most of us have and it's just expected to be a grind...

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I'm about 99% certain you have to be an O4 in order to become a pilot. At least that was the deal in the past. Things may have changed though in the past few years. But they require two operators. A pilot and a sensor guy...you may be thinking of the sensor controller.
For sure not. You can be an O1 and get a pilot slot, though it's unlikely. I know a few guys who I graduated with going through flight training as O2s.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I think this has been brewing for many years... Interesting thing is this doesn't happen in other divisions of ups....I've talked to ups freight and they seem to be happy with things(except the long hours) ups feeder is a different work environment and many of the non ops functions of this company have a regular 8-5 day and once they are gone nobody is calling them....it's seems to only be pkg operations that think they can walk all over people like packmules...it's all they know... You grow up in the system like most of us have and it's just expected to be a grind...
Long term I'd like to be in the air side of things, I've often wondered what the stress level is like over there compared to small package.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Don't you mean your high heels... Cait Jenner !!
wrsJefy.gif

We make the money for them,they always want more.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Long term I'd like to be in the air side of things, I've often wondered what the stress level is like over there compared to small package.
Air or feeder would be a wise move for you...in my experience once they start training you at the airport they don't want to loose all of that "experience"... Same thing in feeder... Any ol chump can be an ors..(sorry FFS :( )

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Air or feeder would be a wise move for you...in my experience once they start training you at the airport they don't want to loose all of that "experience"... Same thing in feeder... Any ol chump can be an ors..(sorry FFS :( )
For sure the two places I want to go. I can't do the negativity for 30 years.