UPS tells customers they begin training management today on how to keep packages moving during a strike

RTS313

Can anyone honestly think our current pt and ft management could even do our jobs past a few hours. Last contract ft management had to be drivers before they went into management. Now management walk around eating and looking at their phones.
Aug the hottest part of the year, even with scabs no way can they do our jobs.

There will be a lot of management with heat stroke. And management is pretty pissed off at corporate taking away their pensions making them pay higher premiums for their healthcare, and their pay raises were so bad a lot are pissed off.
First of all very little volume they have to process. You can’t compare your work load to a strikes work load l

Brownsocks

Just a dog
IMG_20230714_202434.jpg

textat3

There’s multiple issues on both ends. The new union leadership came in guns blazing in the last election promising everything not nailed down to the floor, they can’t go back to the rank and file with something that smells of back door compromise. The members seem hellbent to strike, just for the fun of it. The “record profits” mantra is kind of bogus. That was huge revenue driven by people forced to stay home and order in, it was never going to last and is going away. The company can’t pay out massive wage increases for future revenue that’s going down, while inflation remains high. UPS has been downsizing and trimming the fat off its business. There’s already been huge layoffs in my area at least. They don’t seem sad to see some pickup contracts go away and this brewing fear of a strike doesn’t seem to worry them either about work shifting to the competition. They might want to shrink themselves a little bit and that huge 8 billion dollar payoff to the shareholders might be a cover to lesson the blow of an already slowing business. I really don’t think it would be that hard for them to train a new delivery crew off the street and hurt for awhile until it gets well oiled. Or at least make it last long enough to burn through the strike fund and bring them back to the table. Plus congress did make the rail workers accept their contract last year. Probably a good shot at the government stepping in and forcing us back to work. Still got two weeks anyways.
You suck.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I truly don’t know what’s going to happen, but I do know this if in the event this strike goes longer than three weeks a lot of people will be crossing the line and I’m sure that’s what UPS wants. The sad part is we don’t even know what we’re striking for let us see what they’re offering I I personally have been working for the company for 36 years and every year I’ve received a raise at some point there Hass to be a top off. In the meantime I hope whatever we’re fighting for is worth possibly losing everything. It just seems like we are the sheep.
You have no received a raise every year. In fact in the last 5 years you’ve taken a pay cut.

Shorts365

Can anyone honestly think our current pt and ft management could even do our jobs past a few hours. Last contract ft management had to be drivers before they went into management. Now management walk around eating and looking at their phones.
Aug the hottest part of the year, even with scabs no way can they do our jobs.

There will be a lot of management with heat stroke. And management is pretty pissed off at corporate taking away their pensions making them pay higher premiums for their healthcare, and their pay raises were so bad a lot are pissed off.
The onroads at my center are relatively chill and candidly acknowledged that after they deliver what’s left in the system, there will be no more volume coming in and they’ll have nothing to do. I mean that’s obvious, but I was a little surprised to hear it said out loud.

PT Car Washer

The onroads at my center are relatively chill and candidly acknowledged that after they deliver what’s left in the system, there will be no more volume coming in and they’ll have nothing to do. I mean that’s obvious, but I was a little surprised to hear it said out loud.
Will all of the PT and FT sups still have a paycheck while we are on strike? Will the company still force them to come in everyday?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Sounds like time to cut the fat, of management.

PT Car Washer

I have no idea but they’ve been scraping the bottom of the barrel to make sure we have twice as many sups as we could possibly ever need.
Where for decades we had almost no direct supervision in the car wash (all high seniority) we now have a FT sup and last count 3 PT sups. Telling us how to do a simple job we all have done for many years.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Where for decades we had almost no direct supervision in the car wash (all high seniority) we now have a FT sup and last count 3 PT sups. Telling us how to do a simple job we all have done for many years.
Maybe it's because your grabbing ground packages and delivering them so you can get driver wage.