UPS Transfer

542thruNthru

I only know so many details about this case, but it’s a mess. More to it than I know. The union didn’t give any notice that this was happening. They did it behind their back. The Union representation was one sided. This has being going on behind the feeder drivers back for 11 months. To get a random call saying to go back is pretty :censored2:ed up. The union is partially to blame.

It’s an interesting one. I guess it makes me think twice before transferring with UPS. I keep posting it to hear what people think.
What you don't seem to understand is that every local union is autonomous. One doesn't know what the other is doing. Also do you know how many locals are in the 11 western states? This means that no one but the company and the local processing the grievance would have known about what was going on until a remedy was won. So again this is the companies fault and blaming the union for not giving the driver a heads up is asinine.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
What you don't seem to understand is that every local union is autonomous. One doesn't know what the other is doing. Also do you know how many locals are in the 11 western states? This means that no one but the company and the local processing the grievance would have known about what was going on until a remedy was won. So again this is the companies fault and blaming the union for not giving the driver a heads up is asinine.
Looks like the West is dumber than we thought, Transfers Smansfers! Dig in for 30 years plus like real Teamsters in the East!

542thruNthru

Looks like the West is dumber than we thought, Transfers Smansfers! Dig in for 30 years plus like real Teamsters in the East!
Lol, all good things have their downside. For instance like how cheap your sister is to bang. But you're definitely coming out of that pit with some new type of penis eating disease!

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Lol, all good things have their downside. For instance like how cheap your sister is to bang. But you're definitely coming out of that pit with some new type of penis eating disease!
34954FD2-728C-49D2-AE33-A1BB744B455F.gif

Brownwind

I don’t know, I think if he posted the 38th time he’ll probably get the answer he wants.
Why not just invest in a second home and rent out the one that’s not being used? It’s a bid year most places, why not bid a package route until you get back to feeders? (Obviously you have seniority if you’re in feeders)
50k to relocate? Somehow this sounds like something is missing.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Let's be clear. UPS dropped the ball. The only thing the union did was enforce the contract for the member that was violated.

There is nothing in the contract that protects a member that was wrongfully transferred over a higher seniority members. So the union has done everything it can.
Maybe the feeder should sue brown for the moving costs…

Coldworld

60 months and counting
This is a very big :censored2: up…never heard of it happening before. Both drivers should get a feeder position and ups can find work for both of them to do….give them both 8 hours.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
If I'm the package car driver, I agree to let the feeder driver stay but I get the next opening and I dovetail one day ahead on the seniority list.

Would the union allow such a deal?
There had to be something that makes it fair for both people…someone dropped the ball at brown and they :censored2:ed up. Is the union pushing on ups over this??