Using left at with pre record

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Tough Guy, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Tough Guy

Tough Guy Active Member

I had a section of apartments off a driver today. He told me there was a way he does it where he can leave anything that's ni1 at the managers office.

I should've had him text me what it was. I thought I understood him in the phone but when I tried it I wasn't sure how to finish it. I know it was something with going into the prerecord screen, and using the "la/res or la/com" keys. So I tried that and they all had the "la" designation in the pre record screen, but I couldn't figure out how to actually stop complete them from there.
    It would bring up a message to remove the left at designation of i wanted to re open the stop.

I wound up just rescanning them under one stop and voiding the prerecorded stops.

So what was I supposed to do at the prerecord screen then? The only other apartment complexes I've done haven't had an option to take them to an office, so this diad feature was new to me.

2. hyena

hyena I shut down BC

image.gif

3. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Sounds more complicated then it really is once you have done it once or twice. I would have to have a DIAD in front of me to describe the procedure but I am sure someone else could do a better job.

4. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Pre record them. Than tag each one LA/Res. Then signature. After stop complete, location office. Some say NI1 each package and then re-sheet. Wrong.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Tough Guy

Tough Guy Active Member

How do you get the signature to apply to all prerecorded stops? That's what I couldn't figure out. I couldn't "reopen" them after hitting the left at key while still in pre record.

6. brownmonster

You don't re open them. There will be a list of the stops with LA on each one. Just hit signature while that list is showing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Bottom rung

Bottom rung Active Member

That is correct. There's an apartment complex in town where IE took the allowances away from. On car has them sheet ni1 then dup/res at office now.

8. Box Ox

Box Ox Camacho for President!

Scan an Infonotice after the package(s) for each nobody home apartment stop and write on it that the stuff is at the office. Then hit prerecord and repeat the process at each nobody home apartment. Each prerecorded stop comes out of EDD but it's still there.

Before you go into the apartment office, hit the prerecord button in EDD and your list of nobody home apartment stops and their piece counts will pop up. Mark each LA/Res.

With everything marked LA/Res,hit the signature button. Get the sig, clarify name, then hit stop complete. Location 7, Office. Then manually type in "Office" when prompted and hit the enter button.

DIAD takes a sec, beeps, and your prerecord list should be cleared out. Congrats, you've gotten credit for every apartment.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. bddaddy

bddaddy Member

Wouldn't that be LA/com since your leaving them at the office? I stop complete at each apartment and then rescan and put in pre record. This way I get credit for the attempt and credit for the office stop.

10. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

Its res because the delivery is for a resi. If you were indirecting a business it would be commercial. I would not be sheeting those packages twice either, but that's just me.

11. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Unless you are designating each of the stops brought to the office as dup la re you are padding stops.

12. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

The office is commercial.

I would also not be sheeting them twice.

13. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

14. Scottyhawk

Scottyhawk What is it? A brown box. Duh

Should not be sheeting packages twice, scan package at apt, if not in, instead of ni1 the package should be put into prerecord then del to office. Each apt is a separate stop and is not a duplicate stop.

15. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

If one is actually for the office then that one piece is LA/com. I've had giant apt complexes with 20 pieces and every other one was LA/com.

16. mike1646

mike1646 Active Member

The office is commercial but if you have savers and go after 3 it will show late. I wouldn't hit commercial unless I had packages for the office itself.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  17. brownmonster

Doesn't make sense. If you LA/res on the saver package it should be on time no matter where it was left.

18. mike1646

mike1646 Active Member

That's why you have to use LR and not LC, apartments are a residential stop.

19. brownmonster

Agreed.

20. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

I think he's saying if you have a 3pm commit for the apartment office to show up before then and stop complete if you are going to hit commercial.