Veterans please give me advice

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Thanks for flaming me on my ability to walk into work instead of helping me with my back pain and how to deal with it

Listen, you need to step back and look at this realistically. You're having a hard time reading comments on here. You're having a hard time going to the preload because of social anxiety. I'm going to be completely honest with you. No joking or spite.

This won't be the type of career for you. Trust me. 90% of what we do is dealing with the public and sometimes their problems.

First off, get an LMT and a doctor for your back issues. Get that under manageable control.

Second, seek some help with someone who can help you work out your issues. It will help.

Third, find another career. This isn't for you. It won't end well.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I have been a preloader for 2 years. Thursday last week I no called no showed. I have never done this but my back was killing me (been having spasms for 2 months now and I am only 24). I literally showed up to work in my car, decided I couldn't do it today, and drove back home. I tried to call, but I couldn't get my damaged phone to make the call to call in. And it's not like I can go to my gmas or dads house when its 3 a.m. to use their phone

I know you guys are sarcastic and love to troll, but please.... put that aside for one minute and help me as I intend to be a driver and make this my career

It is now tuesday, and my part-time supervisor informs me to see my full-time supervisor regarding the day I no-called no-showed. I said ok and after I finished my pull I went to see her and she said that i am being given a warning letter. I said....

"I understand completely and accept as I did not call, but my back has been killing me the past 2 months and I've been having minor muscle spasms, I am not trying to avoid discipline as I understand I deserve it, but can I please get moved off my pull for a week or two? I also intend on seeing a chiropractor soon in hopes it will help. I am even willing to come in earlier unpaid to make this easier on me"

Her reply was: "No I cannot accommodate and no I cannot let you come in early as that is unfair to us and yourself, your health is your own responsibility as you are a grown adult and need to take your own measures to control your health, I can give you help near the end as far as irregs and whatnot but no I cannot take you off your pull. If you need to see a doctor than see a doctor"

All my union rep was able to do was refer me to a good chiro, which I accepted gladly none the less.

Please guys... I know you're cynic and I understand your cynicism, but I work hard at my job and I would do it everyday if I could just manage this pain... the spasms have calmed since I got a back brace (which I've been wearing for a month) but I still have pain, and I refuse to down ibuprofen or tylenol eveyday.

I intend to be a drive but was Dq'd due to a personal vehicle accident, 9 months to go

You guys made it and I respect that, but please help me make it
Your post was long enough and I didn't read all the replies but I'm going offer you my two cents. You won't like what I have to say as I won't pat your ass like some of the replies, but you are the one asking for advice, not me. First off, I don't think driving will be your forte, you seem like a real wuss. Driving is ball-busting, back breaking work that is sometimes stressful and sometimes VERY stressful. If you have some social deficiencies, you will struggle when it comes time to qualify and during peak and whenever you have bad loads. Other days, driving can be great, easy routes, great loads, light stop count...sun and moon in alignment but those are rare.

Based on your own admission, you are irresponsible. You get up, go all the way to work just to sit and your car and not at least tell someone you don't feel good. (Once again your social deficiencies prevent you from being an adult) Your lame excuse of not having a working phone is really rather stale. The first sign that your phone was not working, a responsible person would have gone out and either gotten a new phone or had theirs repaired. You did neither so what's the excuse for that? Not enough money? Too busy? I'm sure it's a good one!

Two years on the job? You have health insurance so what's your excuse for not getting this looked at sooner? I don't know what to tell you man but I think preloading and driving is just not for you. I would find a nice quiet job working night shift guarding some factory or something like that.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Listen, you need to step back and look at this realistically. You're having a hard time reading comments on here. You're having a hard time going to the preload because of social anxiety. I'm going to be completely honest with you. No joking or spite.

This won't be the type of career for you. Trust me. 90% of what we do is dealing with the public and sometimes their problems.

First off, get an LMT and a doctor for your back issues. Get that under manageable control.

Second, seek some help with someone who can help you work out your issues. It will help.

Third, find another career. This isn't for you. It won't end well.
i totally agree with you but social anxiety can be treated. it depends how motivated this individual is on getting help. but i do agree he should try something else because of the back problems. that may be psychological also.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
FFS don't act like you understand. Customers are easy to me
this is funny. you don't have social anxiety, your just a pu££y who is afraid of confrontation. if you think every customer is super happy to see you then you are in for a rude awakening. as others have said this probably isn't for you.

I have been a preloader for 2 years. Thursday last week I no called no showed. I have never done this but my back was killing me (been having spasms for 2 months now and I am only 24). I literally showed up to work in my car, decided I couldn't do it today, and drove back home. I tried to call, but I couldn't get my damaged phone to make the call to call in. And it's not like I can go to my gmas or dads house when its 3 a.m. to use their phone

I know you guys are sarcastic and love to troll, but please.... put that aside for one minute and help me as I intend to be a driver and make this my career

It is now tuesday, and my part-time supervisor informs me to see my full-time supervisor regarding the day I no-called no-showed. I said ok and after I finished my pull I went to see her and she said that i am being given a warning letter. I said....

"I understand completely and accept as I did not call, but my back has been killing me the past 2 months and I've been having minor muscle spasms, I am not trying to avoid discipline as I understand I deserve it, but can I please get moved off my pull for a week or two? I also intend on seeing a chiropractor soon in hopes it will help. I am even willing to come in earlier unpaid to make this easier on me"

Her reply was: "No I cannot accommodate and no I cannot let you come in early as that is unfair to us and yourself, your health is your own responsibility as you are a grown adult and need to take your own measures to control your health, I can give you help near the end as far as irregs and whatnot but no I cannot take you off your pull. If you need to see a doctor than see a doctor"

All my union rep was able to do was refer me to a good chiro, which I accepted gladly none the less.

Please guys... I know you're cynic and I understand your cynicism, but I work hard at my job and I would do it everyday if I could just manage this pain... the spasms have calmed since I got a back brace (which I've been wearing for a month) but I still have pain, and I refuse to down ibuprofen or tylenol eveyday.

I intend to be a drive but was Dq'd due to a personal vehicle accident, 9 months to go

You guys made it and I respect that, but please help me make it
ago in disability and get yourself right.

clean hairy

You drove to work, but you couldn't walk inside and say you felt unfit to work?
There was not a 24 hour convenience store where you could have used their phone had you explained to them you had to call in to work?
I suspect if you had been listening to the radio and heard "caller #___ will win $10,000. I suspect your phone woulda worked just fine in that case!

clean hairy

Thanks for flaming me on my ability to walk into work instead of helping me with my back pain and how to deal with it
You were hurting so much you were unable to get out of the car at the UPS parking lot?
I would wager you were able to get out of your car with no trouble walking when you got home!

MrBrown

Delivering boxes all day blows. Even if you were in perfect health I'd say go to school and use your head. And if your hell bent in being a laborer, then join a union trade. Shoot a union laborer in my area makes the same coin pushing a broom with better benefits and an annuity. Join the plumbers union or electrical union. So many better gigs than slinging packages 10 11 12 hrs a day. Trust me as a driver and a former union carpenter. Stay away from the carpenter union as hanging drywall all day is no bueno

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Your post was long enough and I didn't read all the replies but I'm going offer you my two cents. You won't like what I have to say as I won't pat your ass like some of the replies, but you are the one asking for advice, not me. First off, I don't think driving will be your forte, you seem like a real wuss. Driving is ball-busting, back breaking work that is sometimes stressful and sometimes VERY stressful. If you have some social deficiencies, you will struggle when it comes time to qualify and during peak and whenever you have bad loads. Other days, driving can be great, easy routes, great loads, light stop count...sun and moon in alignment but those are rare.

Based on your own admission, you are irresponsible. You get up, go all the way to work just to sit and your car and not at least tell someone you don't feel good. (Once again your social deficiencies prevent you from being an adult) Your lame excuse of not having a working phone is really rather stale. The first sign that your phone was not working, a responsible person would have gone out and either gotten a new phone or had theirs repaired. You did neither so what's the excuse for that? Not enough money? Too busy? I'm sure it's a good one!

Two years on the job? You have health insurance so what's your excuse for not getting this looked at sooner? I don't know what to tell you man but I think preloading and driving is just not for you. I would find a nice quiet job working night shift guarding some factory or something like that.
image.gif

Cementups

Box Monkey
Frederic Bastiat, 19th century philosopher and economist. His works have influenced my worldview more than any other.

I tried having an avatar reflecting someone who inspired me to be who I am but it was removed by mods and then I had to go with the picture you see now.

Here's the original pic and this is not a joke.
tumblr_np66ws6Gnb1tgm1qqo1_250.gif

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
I got it figured out and am fine now, thanks for nothing you peace of shiite, spiteful, idiots

last time I'm fooling myself into getting trolled here :censored2: all of you. 6 pages of good job staying on topic you keyboard warriors love laying it on someone because it makes you feel better about yourself. I reject your reality, because it is :censored2:te and you're basing all of this on one night in the 2 and a half years I've worked for this company. If you knew anything about me or knew anyone that worked with me you would feel foolish. I tried to even be humble here with my hat in my hand and show respect but clearly you're all incapable of showing humanity to someone suffering from the same problems you've likely suffered. Browncafe? More like Flamecafe. NOT resource for fellow UPS'ers. Remember to rate my post funny all at once now mmk? idiots...

Flame on retards, no one's reading but yourself. Im out

You never proved me anything but right, you hold no surprises... consistency defined
An overwhelming sense of predictability, a dull sideways slide into mediocrity

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I got it figured out and am fine now, thanks for nothing you peace of shiite, spiteful, idiots

last time I'm fooling myself into getting trolled here :censored2: all of you. 6 pages of good job staying on topic you keyboard warriors love laying it on someone because it makes you feel better about yourself. I reject your reality, because it is :censored2:te and you're basing all of this on one night in the 2 and a half years I've worked for this company. If you knew anything about me or knew anyone that worked with me you would feel foolish. I tried to even be humble here with my hat in my hand and show respect but clearly you're all incapable of showing humanity to someone suffering from the same problems you've likely suffered. Browncafe? More like Flamecafe. NOT resource for fellow UPS'ers. Remember to rate my post funny all at once now mmk? idiots...

Flame on retards, no one's reading but yourself. Im out

You never proved me anything but right, you hold no surprises... consistency defined
An overwhelming sense of predictability, a dull sideways slide into mediocrity

You're going to have a blast when qualifying comes.