Wages: Lets get to the facts

bbsam

Staff member
Our health plan is supposed to be a benefit not comparable to what I can get on my own. And checked the exchange. I could get equal or better coverage on my own for what we pay.

That's hard to believe. For our family of 5, the lowest 70/30 plans were 700/month with high deductibles.

Goldilocks

Well respect to you and yours. I too am from a Military family. Long line dating back to the Civil War. I don't think I could upgrade to full time as I have too many other things going on, but I could go to DG school for no guarantee of extra money our hours.

There you go again, stating your family served all the back to the civil war. You may not realize how arrogant you portray yourself, but you do. Please take the DG and International training, It's not easy.

Goldilocks

that's dirt cheap. Go shop around for comparable plans and see just how expensive they are. You aren't getting a UPS deal, but you're doing far better than on your own.

Really? Take a good look at UPS benefits and then tell us we are getting a great deal.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There you go again, stating your family served all the back to the civil war. You may not realize how arrogant you portray yourself, but you do. Please take the DG and International training, It's not easy.

You may be confusing arrogance and pride. If I came from a family with a military lineage dating back to the Civil War I would most certainly be very proud of that.

Sent using BrownCafe App

MAKAVELI

I don't. I'm making the case for single payer sooner rather than later.
Don't know when if ever that will happen. But in the meantime FedEx shouldn't be given a pass on providing the minimum while making a profit off our health plan.

P

prodriver

If its not to intrusive could someone from express let me know about life ins ?

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
I totally agree Goldie. WTH does his military family have to do with this or any forum?
Guess I should ask, which side M.W.'s family fought for, in the CIVIL WAR?

I swear Migrant Worker is Sniper. They both talk about the military and guns in just about EVERY topic. * sheesh *

I'd rather deal with someone with "common sense", rather than someone with military experience and/or a college degree.

MAKAVELI

I would that if the IBT thought it made economic sense to organize Express they would have done do by now.

Sent using BrownCafe App
It does make economic sense. Having the 2 biggest companies in the industry would be huge in bargaining power and dues. I think it's more about making sure they have a guaranteed majority to win.

Goldilocks

I would also like to know how you came up with your User name? Migrant Worker? Just by looking at your User name makes me wonder, hummm. Why not call yourself, sugar cane picker or cotton picker? Are you referring to your job at Fedex, that it's below you? This is what I see. I have a very good friend who's family picked crops for a living. They lived in field houses supplied by the Migrant managers. This Hispanic family managed to put 3 boy's in college one works for Fedex. He came from humble beginnings but has pride in himself and his family, and is very very proud of them....Please get off your High Horse.