We Can't Pickup Your Package...FAIL!!

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
How would you define it? .001% of packages delivered are misdelivered? .000001%?
Ground packages? In my neck of the woods 1% on a good day. Tired of customers coming up to me complaining about misdelivered Ground packages. Real good business model (cough, cough.)

MaineGroundDriver

I'm not buying this. I regularly get 2 or 3 people per week either flagging me down or walking up to me in a parking lot with a Ground package that is not theirs. I just tell them to call 1-800-Go-FedEx.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/...your-package-fail.354028/page-2#ixzz2oM3vV0y1

Just like you're not buying that I know my Ground route inside and out and never misdeliver .. yet I'm told by customers of several Express misdeliveries that aren't even the same side of town ......

TUT

I'm not buying this. I regularly get 2 or 3 people per week either flagging me down or walking up to me in a parking lot with a Ground package that is not theirs. I just tell them to call 1-800-Go-FedEx.

How many packages do you deliver per week? Take 3 and divide by that number, it will be small.

TUT

Then figure in the majority of ground business is B2B which probably next to never miss delivers and the # is now extremely small. Most here never seem to even fathom that side of the business, which is so much larger I'm sure, than what you touch and see delivering in the small trucks. Forest from the trees.

fredup

Believe it. Ground guy on my rt does the same, and packages sit for a week at a time waiting for him to show up to pick them up.

C

chuchu

Ground packages? In my neck of the woods 1% on a good day. Tired of customers coming up to me complaining about misdelivered Ground packages. Real good business model (cough, cough.)
I delivered a rural residence today and the lady of the house showed me a FedEx ground pkg delivered on Dec 10th that was supposed to be delivered to an address in a whole different town.

She called FedEx to let them know. The driver called her back and asked her if she would drive the pkg over to the correct address. The lady told the driver that it was not her job to redeliver the package and told him to come back a get it.

A couple days later a woman came to her front door with a pkg in her hands. She asked her if that pkg might belong to her and after checking the address on the label responded that it was her pkg. The woman that brought the pkg over to her said she lives three miles away and the fedex ground guy left it at her house by mistake.

The original misdelivered pkg is still sitting in the lady's garage (she said it contained $700 worth of 31 bags). It has been there for almost two weeks and there is no telling how long she'll have to warehouse it.

Where is the commitment to quality customer service anymore?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I delivered a rural residence today and the lady of the house showed me a FedEx ground pkg delivered on Dec 10th that was supposed to be delivered to an address in a whole different town.

She called FedEx to let them know. The driver called her back and asked her if she would drive the pkg over to the correct address. The lady told the driver that it was not her job to redeliver the package and told him to come back a get it.

A couple days later a woman came to her front door with a pkg in her hands. She asked her if that pkg might belong to her and after checking the address on the label responded that it was her pkg. The woman that brought the pkg over to her said she lives three miles away and the fedex ground guy left it at her house by mistake.

The original misdelivered pkg is still sitting in the lady's garage (she said it contained $700 worth of 31 bags). It has been there for almost two weeks and there is no telling how long she'll have to warehouse it.

Where is the commitment to quality customer service anymore?

BINGO!! This sounds just about right. GO GROUND!!