Welfare

BrownArmy

That guy has and is making terrible decisions. No wonder he is poor.

Let's see, this couple was banking on the benefits that the government had promised to the husband (veteran of the Iraq war), yet instead, the government :-)censored:ing things up like they are wont to do) sent this dude a bill because they 'over-paid' him...

Can you imagine?

You tell me what this couple did wrong.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Let's see, this couple was banking on the benefits that the government had promised to the husband (veteran of the Iraq war), yet instead, the government :-)censored:ing things up like they are wont to do) sent this dude a bill because they 'over-paid' him...

Can you imagine?

You tell me what this couple did wrong.
No where in the story did it mention that her husband was an Iraq war veteran. I don't think it would matter anyways if the U.S. "paid" these so called benefits because they are messed up in the head.

You asked me what they did wrong? Many, many things. If you can't see them by reading the story, I have to question either your reading ability or you comprehensive ability.
Here is some of the things this "couple is doing wrong".
#1 Having children before you are financially able to afford them.
#2 Having children before you finish your education. (if you choose to go to college)
#3 No bank account. If her husband is a U.S. Vet, then why don't they have a bank account?
#4 Bad attitude. She says at least twice that they are poor and no matter what they do, they will always be poor. With that attitude, it is a self fulfilling prophecy.
#5 Mental disorders and not getting the proper medical treatment for it. You can't go through life (especially with children) when you have major mental disorders which this woman obviously has.
#6 She smokes. That cost money. Money she could use on other items her family needs. Making no effort to quit either.
#7 No plan on how to get out of being poor. It doesn't happen by accident. You must take steps to improve you lot in life.

I guess members of the TROLL PATROL can't see these major decision problems. Even when the name of the story is "WHY I MAKE TERRIBLE DECISIONS".

Last edited:

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Does that include Southern California whites too???
My whole family is from SoCal. And none of us have ever, ever been on welfare. My parents, my brother, myself, my 2 adult children have never applied or accepted a handout from uncle sam.
On the contrary, uncle sam seems to get big handouts from us. But not voluntarily.

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
Not one corporate subsidy has been cut.
Not one corporate loophole has been closed.
Not one offshore tax haven has been taxed costing our economy BILLIONS OF DOLLARS a year.
The following multi-billion dollar companies get $92 billion in taxpayer subsidies—Exxon Mobil, ConocoPhillips, Boeing, Xerox, IBM, GE, etc.
CORPORATIONS THAT PAY PRACTICALLY NO TAXES AT ALL:
Verizon Communications: Profits $19.8 billion - Tax Rate -3.8%
NextEra Energy: Profits $8.8 billion – Tax Rate -2%
American Electric Power: Profits $8.2 billion – Tax Rate -6.4%
Apache: Profits $6 billion – Tax rate -0.3%
Consolidated Edison: Profits $5.9 billion – Tax Rate $1.3%
El Paso: Profits $4.6 billion – Tax Rate -0.9%
~ Mother Jones, 4-13-12
Income inequality has reached an 80-year high.This is the real WELFARE in America today..........

oldngray

nowhere special
Study: 60 percent of 2014 job growth caused by expiration of unemployment benefits
Sixty percent of job creation in 2014 was caused by the expiration of unemployment benefits, according to a new working paper published by the National Bureau of Economic Research.

In late 2013, a standoff between Republicans and Democrats led to the abrupt expiration of long-term unemployment benefits. Democrats warned that the expiration would have disastrous ramifications, but Republicans had long argued that allowing Americans to collect unemployment benefits for an indefinite period of time provided a disincentive for them to work.

The new new working paper found that the expiration of benefits was responsible for the creation of over 1.8 million jobs. Nearly 1 million of those jobs were created by workers who would have otherwise stayed out of the labor force if unemployment benefits had been extended.
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/s...tion-of-unemployment-benefits/article/2559267

moreluck

golden ticket member
15hef48.jpg

wkmac

Tell you what Moreluck, I'll run for President on the platform that I will drug test everyone monthly and I mean everyone that in any way, shape or form receives gov't welfare, subsidy or assistance. Now in order to pay for that testing, I will create a mandatory federal flat tax on ever taxpayer in America for an additional $1k per yer in order to fully pay for said testing and would require no debt or other forms of finance accounting.

The money saved from violators would not offset the mandatory tax but rather go straight to paying down the national debt. Such debt as we all know but so few here want to admit ;) was created because of the welfare freeloaders in the first place. This would be a truly pay as you go program.

Can I count on your vote?

moreluck

golden ticket member
NO

If people want a driver's license, they have to pay for it.,

If drug testing is required to receive welfare........recipients will have to pay or it themselves or fuggedaboutit.

wkmac

Years ago, the late Milton Friedman, Nobel Laureate economist, was speaking of the problem of food stamps being used as a kind of currency and I completely agreed with his observation. He pointed out the economic ideal of self interests and how people in a community or expressed as a micro economy in this case would take an import good, in this case the food stamp, monetize it by setting a value based on an negotiated action via a voluntary spontaneous order and then circulate those stamps sometimes making numerous exchanges before they are cashed out and are exported to the final recipient who redeems them in actual dollars mostly in the form of electronic accounting entries on bank ledgers.

Seems to me to beg the question, what purpose do illegal drugs really serve, who comes to buy them and why was the drug war launched and on who but that's another thread. Prison economies are another fascinating economic study especially learning how to maintain an economy in a rather draconian setting. Again, another thread at another time.

Dr. Friedman marveled that people often written off as uneducated were in fact showing the opposite in their ability to take an economic input, monetize it and then build an economy with economic action and exchange built around that. Seems to me to beg the question, if people in poverty are so stupid, how can they create a micro economy that impressed such an economic icon as Friedman. Except for the input (food stamps) as wealth transfer, here is a perfect example of a free market staring us in the face and yet there are those here who rattle off free market lingo and yet want to crush it the moment it comes to surface. We should give it all the "organic" fertilizer it wants and let it grow. Or is it just that the form it takes is one you don't like and you want the State to stop it? Then you ain't free market!

In a true free market, Human Action (thank you Ludwig von Mises) outside of force or fraud should be allowed to go in any direction it chooses to go, even in one the majority don't like but the majority is still free to maintain their own chosen paths. Negative liberty requires nothing of me other than to let you enjoy the fruits of your labor and action, good or bad.

Also remember that Friedman proposed the idea of a guaranteed income that was in the form of direct cash, no food stamps, no housing subsidy and then the recipient made their own free choices in the marketplace as to when, where and how that money got spent. Not exactly free market but maybe Friedman understood Human Action better than he is often given credit for and given negative liberty, such people would learn and create sustaining economies for their communities.

Oh wait, then how would the centralized, topdown economy mop up all economic surplus and accumulate that at the top thus sustaining itself? How would the State thus maintain centralized order and a mono-cultural society that is easier to control? Why are these 2 forces always together all through out history when mankind is subjugated into his worst conditions?

And let us be honest here, the USDA, which is run by and for Big Agra, who in turn runs the food stamp program, takes your tax dollars, converts them to food stamps, distributes said food stamps which are then redeemed for food provided by the same Big Agra and your tax dollars come to final rest in their wallet. The perfect company store.

Are we starting to rethink who the real welfare queens are yet? Hmmmmmm?
;)