Well, it's been...

fedx

Extra Large Package
I don't think I asked that; the entry level Express pay a decade ago was nothing to get excited about. Maybe $15 or $16 in B0 markets.

I live in a B0 market. Starting courier pay here is $23.22, no experience required. Most fast food starting wages here are around $15, no experience required. Maybe a buck or so more with experience. How many people do you think would turn down that extra $8 an hour to work bad shifts, standing on their feet all day, dealing with Karen after Karen?

Is FedEx a good employer? I don't know. UPS was hiring drivers off the street for the past 5 years and it's not like FedEx employees were lining up around the block to apply.

I live in a B0 market too and the starting courier pay where I'm at is $18.49. I don't understand how some B0 markets pay more than others. And we are short staffed too, especially with handlers, but they refuse to boost pay in my market to drawn people in. Starting RTD pay in my market is $23.09. What is is where you're at Dano?

Aquaman

I live in a B0 market too and the starting courier pay where I'm at is $18.49. I don't understand how some B0 markets pay more than others. And we are short staffed too, especially with handlers, but they refuse to boost pay in my market to drawn people in. Starting RTD pay in my market is $23.09. What is is where you're at Dano?
RTD is a funny case with Express. It’s the position in the company with the most options as far as leaving. The company knows this, yet still tries to treat them like couriers.

Aquaman

How do they get treated like couriers?
Well for starters the exact same pay scale as ramp agents, swing couriers, and dispatchers. You know 3 job codes that have next to zero options as far as other employment. Ya RTD’s get paid the same as them lol. Zero additional pay for being a swing RTD. Which is the only position in the company expected to cover first, second AND third shift schedules. We bid routes the same way with total seniority instead of time in position (no 30 year courier should be able to transfer to RTD and take a route from a 10 year RTD). It’s just stupid lol.

fedex435

RTD is a funny case with Express. It’s the position in the company with the most options as far as leaving. The company knows this, yet still tries to treat them like couriers.

No B0 markets start at $23.22

zeev

FedEx can and does adjust pay based on what the minimum they think they need. Starting RTD pay can be the same as 5 year RTD, result is many 5 year drivers leave, there are many union jobs in this market that pay twice as much.

Artee

Well for starters the exact same pay scale as ramp agents, swing couriers, and dispatchers. You know 3 job codes that have next to zero options as far as other employment. Ya RTD’s get paid the same as them lol. Zero additional pay for being a swing RTD. Which is the only position in the company expected to cover first, second AND third shift schedules. We bid routes the same way with total seniority instead of time in position (no 30 year courier should be able to transfer to RTD and take a route from a 10 year RTD). It’s just stupid lol.
The things you mentioned has nothing to do with being treated like couriers. Bidding by seniority or CEV points (if that's still in play) is the way its done company wide and has been in the 31 years I have been here. That's not just a courier thing. If a high seniority (courier, CSA, ramp agent, manager, handler) transfers into an RTD position and has been in that position for 6 or more months to gain their seniority back, they are certainly eligible to bid on all open jobs. Everyone has lost out on bids due to higher seniority people putting in the them. If you are saying that a non RTD, high seniority employee transfers into your location and takes a route that is not open for bid from a lower seniority employee, then you guys have a problem and should be GFTing that.

I agree that swings should get paid more. If your swings have to cover all shifts, how is that being treated like a courier, when you say RTD is the only position in the company that is expected to do that? Couriers don't work a 24/7 shift like we do. We have day shift swings and night time swings. That's a problem at your location and not an AGFS wide problem.

If you think AGFS is the same as DGO and being a courier, you are in a bad location.

Artee

FedEx can and does adjust pay based on what the minimum they think they need. Starting RTD pay can be the same as 5 year RTD, result is many 5 year drivers leave, there are many union jobs in this market that pay twice as much.
Can you tell me what location or locations are starting out new RT drivers at step 5? The step 5 RTD pay in my 100 air mile radius is $39/hr and more. There are not many union truck driving jobs around here starting at $80/hr. I am certainly interested to hear the list of locations that are starting at top out for new transfers as we have people looking to move out of state and this could be a deciding factor.

Artee

Where I retired from you bid a shift no route bids at all, even if you were already on that shift.
At our location we all voted to move from routes to shifts many years ago. The whole two hours before and after your scheduled start time comes into play at that point and you hope that the people in your shift group are lower seniority than you. Should someones regular job duties go away and instead of them becoming a float driver they take the route of the driver with the lowest seniority in their shift group.

zeev

Can you tell me what location or locations are starting out new RT drivers at step 5? The step 5 RTD pay in my 100 air mile radius is $39/hr and more. There are not many union truck driving jobs around here starting at $80/hr. I am certainly interested to hear the list of locations that are starting at top out for new transfers as we have people looking to move out of state and this could be a deciding factor.
I don’t know what step I said 5 years seniority top pay here is $33.00 hour every station in AGFS varies, we could never bid a route.

!Retired!

I live in a B0 market too and the starting courier pay where I'm at is $18.49.

B0 courier staring pay isn't $18.49.

The Nashville market (and others) do. Staring pay for C2 courier is $20.22, plus a $3/hour premium.
Here's the most recent pay scale. If it hasn't changed yet, it probably will.
FB_IMG_1661853903770.jpg