What do I need to do to be a Package Delivery Driver?

8000Shelf

Sign up to be a helper this Christmas on your winter break. That will get you acclimated to our livestyles. I have a feeling you have no idea what we deal with on a daily basis.

blkmamba

Trust me, teaching is not worth it in any way whatsoever, ha... It has changed so much the past few years it is definitely a downward spiral of chaos
As a former UPSER and current teacher, trust me, teaching is a less stressful career. I'm making over 70k with a top pay of 98k (in about ten more years) and I will gladly wait to get as much time off as I do.

blkmamba

Gotta be tough as nails bro. Ups driving is more mental than physical.
I don't think there is a more mentally draining job then teaching. Think of having 35 miniature center manager's running around a 40x60 space for 7 hours a day. However, I currently teach PE and trust me, there isn't a better job out there.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Youd be surprised how many teachers make 70k or close to it +/- 20k......
+/- 20k is a big difference.
But 70k doesn't happen in my state unless you started teaching 30 years ago, and new teachers won't ever reach that. That kind of pay for teachers is long gone here, republicans eliminated public employees' union rights and pay has been stagnant for years.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Hello all... To make a long story short, I have always wanted to be a package delivery driver for UPS. However, I never knew how to make this "dream" come true. I am currently a teacher and I am fed up with the educational system. In other words, I am ready to make this dream of mine come true. Any suggestions/ideas that may help me pursue this?? Thanks!

Most teachers leave for the day around 1600 hours.
You will be lucky to get home at 1900, but the kicker is, it could be much later and there is no set time.

That 2 week break you have a Christmas will now be your busiest time of year. You will be out on Christmas
eve as long as it takes.

BrownChoice

I think it was pennsylvania that had the highest paid teachers in the nation, correct me if wrong....

But 92k?! Thats like professer wages...and for 2nd grade?! Lol

blkmamba

Sign up to be a helper this Christmas on your winter break. That will get you acclimated to our livestyles. I have a feeling you have no idea what we deal with on a daily basis.
No he does not. However, teachers probably but in the same amount of hours that you guys for 10 months out of the year with prepping, planning, grading, IEP meetings, meeting with parents on top of teaching. My wife teaches 5th grade and gets to work at 7:30 and gets home at 5:00 and then usually spends an hour or two grading and planning.
As a PE teacher I start at 7:45 and am done at 2:00. Living the life. Haha