What is L.P. thinking?

Well the guy originally asked 300 for the phone which would mean it would have to be near new condition.
Near new isn't the same thing as brand new, IMO, used is used. Personally I wouldn't buy a used cell phone period. I sure wouldn't buy one that I suspected might be stolen. I have turned down some pretty cheap offers on various merchandise because I thought there was a chance they were hot.

Fact is, if this young man even said he "wondered" about the origin of the cell phone, whether it was hot or not, I would have a hard time defending him. However if he looked me in the eye and said" I had no idea this phone was stolen" I would have to defend him as a steward or a lawyer.

already have. feel free to read through my posts.
I have read your posts, Tie. YOU have proven nothing in this case. You don't even know all the details of this case. The only thing you have done is voice your self important opinion. Oh yeah and changed your approach.

drewed

Shankman
Fact is, if this young man even said he "wondered" about the origin of the cell phone, whether it was hot or not, I would have a hard time defending him. However if he looked me in the eye and said" I had no idea this phone was stolen" I would have to defend him as a steward or a lawyer.

Really bad analogy but if a women slept with all your friends, and pretty much everyone else you know and then ended up in your bed one night, would you go for it and wonder whether or not shes picked up a disease somewhere or would stay on the side of caution and kick her out?'

nope . After all the good fairy probably dropped that stolen phone in his hands.

how was he to know that you don't buy brand new blackberrys for a 100 bucks?

apparently he knew how to activate a brand new blackberry but did not know you don't normally buy them for a 100 bucks. hmmmmm..........

spin your thief any way you want.

Again, it was never stated that this was a new blackberry, but represented as a used one. Used cell phones are only worth what the market will yield. In this case it was a hundred bucks. I didn't read anywhere that he activated the phone himself. What was posted was the the seller removed his simm card and handed the phone over. Tie, even you could figure out by watching, how to do it.

The only spinning going on around here is you trying to make you stance believable.

Really bad analogy but if a women slept with all your friends, and pretty much everyone else you know and then ended up in your bed one night, would you go for it and wonder whether or not shes picked up a disease somewhere or would stay on the side of caution and kick her out?'
I'd not sleep with her, but I would do my best to let her know that her interest was appreciated. But I don't understand the analogy.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Not PC ... You're a Male Chauvinist Pig!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Here we are on the 6th page of this thread and you guys/gals though not the members of the jury, are still bickering about whether this guy is guilty or not of stealing a cell phone. Red's point of LP saying he stole the phone while only being in possession of said phone is valid. Just because you have it, doesn't mean you stole said phone. Just as D never stole the C.O.D. money. There's a reason behind both of these stories. Red's guy says, he bought it from a guy that was hard up at the time. I understand that you find this hard to believe, Tie, as I find it hard to believe that O.J. didn't practically hack Nichole and her guy friends heads off. In our minds we draw a bunch of conclusions to what we see and hear. Fact of the matter, though, is that is our own opinion, as we weren't there and don't have the facts just the opinions drawn up in our minds. On the one hand this guy could be a cunning thief, who calculatingly stole or helped steal a cell phone and to cover his tracks registers the phone so that he looks like a victim of unwittingly buying stolen goods. On the other hand, he could be a guy that heard a story of someone hurting for cash and saw a good deal and decided to help the seller out of a jam. Either way, this is all we have to go on, as far as information goes. So we base our opinion on these facts. Now granted, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. This forum is full of opinions and that's exactly why it's here. Pronouncing guilt or innocense is up to the courts, though. Just as O.J. was aquitted of murder, even though the majority of people that I have spoken to believe he did the crime, doesn't make the judiciary wrong. There are people who still think O.J. should go to jail for that crime. We as humans weigh in our minds the guilt or innocense of people daily, it's just the fact of how our minds work. These opinions that we form have no bearing on the guilt or innocense of anyone we hear about or see. What I'm basically trying to say here is that we can believe what we want about this case, but our belief of innocent or guilty has no bearing on the outcome. If 705 thinks his guy is innocent and got him off at the panel and goes to court to get him off at trial, and does so, good for him. 705 is the one who has the facts in front of himself. He has, through much thought, decided this gentleman must be innocent. Remember, 705 hates thieves, http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/terminated-want-my-job-back.188795/ so I don't think he would knowingly represent a thief. Tie, as guilty as this guy "sounds", he's not, until proven to be guilty. As for name calling and such, everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion, without being bashed for their thinking, no matter how far fetched it may look to the reader. Not everything is as it appears all the time. Try taking a look at things from another viewpoint and it may change your opinion.

One day I was out and about with my family. We were driving on a road in Palm City, Florida. While driving, a pick up truck pulled out of a side street in front of us and went really slow in front of us. This pissed me off, as I was doing 45 and had to brake really hard to avoid hitting the pick up. I proceeded to go around in front of the pick up and slow down myself. This pissed the guy off and he started following me as I drove. I drove normal speed and he stayed right behind me. I pulled up to a light where I had to wait for the left turn arrow and the guy pulled up right behind me. I watched through my sideview mirror and saw him getting out of his pick up with a large stick. Rather than let the guy get close enough to my Explorer and break my windows, I ran up to him, knocked him on his butt, ripped the stick from his hands, flung it across the street and yelled at the guy before jumping back in my Explorer and driving a different way so he couldn't follow me. Someone else followed my though. Someone was on a cell phone with the police following me and I eventually got pulled over. The person on the phone in the other car stated to the police that I had gotten out of my truck with a baseball bat and beaten this guy before I took off again. I wondered, how this person could have seen this happen? After confessing to the police the judge threw the book at me and I'm now in the big house based on what the other driver saw, NOT!!! I took the police back to the scene of events and showed them the stick I had flung into the woods. The pick up driver was long gone and the police had no real case. Based on the "factual" statements of onlookers or witnesses I could be in jail now. Now, I know that if I had never allowed myself to get invloved in such a stupid situation none of the above would have ever happened. Sometimes we do silly things, and sometimes people see stuff a different way than it actually happened. I'm not saying it always happens this way, I'm just saying that it could. Sorry for the length of this read. Just thought it required my .02¢.

drewed

Shankman
Not PC ... You're a Male Chauvinist Pig!

OKAY hoke, i know you edited this like 3 times, from plain to bold then added Not PC.....lol

hey its an honest analogy, it could be a man whore just as much but im going from my point of view and since the majority of the people on this site are of the male gender...

705red

Browncafe Steward
I know you guys and gals from alaska preach no sex until marriage, but have you ever heard of condoms, should use one no matter who you are with until you can trust them.

Yea I couldnt remember what exactly the policy was, Ill take a look when I get back to work, I was under the impression if you were participating in soliciattion in anyway

At the Cach UPS allows solicitors to set up booths at the inside entrances. Mostly banks and credit card companies that are primarily after the part timers. Apparently PT`s in debt make better workers.

As far as employees there is a bulletin board in the drivers lunch room that people put things up on.

Here we are on the 6th page of this thread
<snip>
Sorry for the length of this read. Just thought it required my .02¢.
Steve actually this is, IMO, a very worth while read. sheds some very good insight and common sense.
I'm glad for you that you didn't have to face prosecution. Or have to kill the guy to keep him at bay.

tieguy

Banned
I have read your posts, Tie. YOU have proven nothing in this case. You don't even know all the details of this case. The only thing you have done is voice your self important opinion. Oh yeah and changed your approach.

To me its not about anything else except the point that you either condone thievery or you do not. The guy either stole the phone or he bought it hot. Either one makes him a thief.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
should use one no matter who you are with until you can trust them.

why is it some guys take greater care in where they park the truck than where they park the one eyed snake? i just dont get it.

anyway
The guy either stole the phone or he bought it hot
your contention is that he knew it was hot, mine is that he didnt.

as has been posted, you can get a new one free depending on the plan and phone. no one is arguing that he had the hot phone, only that he knew it was hot. and that is where the difference lies.

that being said, enough on the subject until trial date.

d

over9five

Staff member

d

C'mon, Danny, we've only gone 7 pages!

Put aside the trial for a minute. If you had this guy over to a party at your home, woudn't you keep an eye on him? Count the silverware before he leaves, so to speak?

I think I'll side on this with Tie. You know there's a REASON you're getting this nice phone so cheap out in the parking lot....

tieguy

Banned
Again, it was never stated that this was a new blackberry, but represented as a used one.

The phone was no more then a couple of weeks old. Might be difficult to figure out in texas but most of us could look at it and see it was brand new.

Used cell phones are only worth what the market will yield. In this case it was a hundred bucks. I didn't read anywhere that he activated the phone himself.

What was posted was the the seller removed his simm card and handed the phone over. Tie, even you could figure out by watching, how to do it.

The only spinning going on around here is you trying to make you stance believable.

Either stole it or he bought a brand new blackberry hot. Either one makes him a thief. I will not pander to the thief nor will I try to alibi them. I'm amused by your attempts to attack me in order to defend a thief.

tieguy

Banned
why is it some guys take greater care in where they park the truck than where they park the one eyed snake? i just dont get it.

anyway
your contention is that he knew it was hot, mine is that he didnt.

as has been posted, you can get a new one free depending on the plan and phone. no one is arguing that he had the hot phone, only that he knew it was hot. and that is where the difference lies.

d

Danny ,
I don't believe the guy that sold him the brand new shiny new phone signed him up for a phone plan at the same time therefore he should have expected to pay full price for the phone.

tieguy

Banned
Here we are on the 6th page of this thread and you guys/gals though not the members of the jury, are still bickering about whether this guy is guilty or not of stealing a cell phone. Red's point of LP saying he stole the phone while only being in possession of said phone is valid. Just because you have it, doesn't mean you stole said phone. Just as D never stole the C.O.D. money. There's a reason behind both of these stories. Red's guy says, he bought it from a guy that was hard up at the time. I understand that you find this hard to believe, Tie, as I find it hard to believe that O.J. didn't practically hack Nichole and her guy friends heads off. In our minds we draw a bunch of conclusions to what we see and hear. Fact of the matter, though, is that is our own opinion, as we weren't there and don't have the facts just the opinions drawn up in our minds. On the one hand this guy could be a cunning thief, who calculatingly stole or helped steal a cell phone and to cover his tracks registers the phone so that he looks like a victim of unwittingly buying stolen goods. On the other hand, he could be a guy that heard a story of someone hurting for cash and saw a good deal and decided to help the seller out of a jam. Either way, this is all we have to go on, as far as information goes. So we base our opinion on these facts. Now granted, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. This forum is full of opinions and that's exactly why it's here. Pronouncing guilt or innocense is up to the courts, though. Just as O.J. was aquitted of murder, even though the majority of people that I have spoken to believe he did the crime, doesn't make the judiciary wrong. There are people who still think O.J. should go to jail for that crime. We as humans weigh in our minds the guilt or innocense of people daily, it's just the fact of how our minds work. These opinions that we form have no bearing on the guilt or innocense of anyone we hear about or see. What I'm basically trying to say here is that we can believe what we want about this case, but our belief of innocent or guilty has no bearing on the outcome. If 705 thinks his guy is innocent and got him off at the panel and goes to court to get him off at trial, and does so, good for him. 705 is the one who has the facts in front of himself. He has, through much thought, decided this gentleman must be innocent. Remember, 705 hates thieves, http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/terminated-want-my-job-back.188795/ so I don't think he would knowingly represent a thief. Tie, as guilty as this guy "sounds", he's not, until proven to be guilty. As for name calling and such, everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion, without being bashed for their thinking, no matter how far fetched it may look to the reader. Not everything is as it appears all the time. Try taking a look at things from another viewpoint and it may change your opinion.

One day I was out and about with my family. We were driving on a road in Palm City, Florida. While driving, a pick up truck pulled out of a side street in front of us and went really slow in front of us. This pissed me off, as I was doing 45 and had to brake really hard to avoid hitting the pick up. I proceeded to go around in front of the pick up and slow down myself. This pissed the guy off and he started following me as I drove. I drove normal speed and he stayed right behind me. I pulled up to a light where I had to wait for the left turn arrow and the guy pulled up right behind me. I watched through my sideview mirror and saw him getting out of his pick up with a large stick. Rather than let the guy get close enough to my Explorer and break my windows, I ran up to him, knocked him on his butt, ripped the stick from his hands, flung it across the street and yelled at the guy before jumping back in my Explorer and driving a different way so he couldn't follow me. Someone else followed my though. Someone was on a cell phone with the police following me and I eventually got pulled over. The person on the phone in the other car stated to the police that I had gotten out of my truck with a baseball bat and beaten this guy before I took off again. I wondered, how this person could have seen this happen? After confessing to the police the judge threw the book at me and I'm now in the big house based on what the other driver saw, NOT!!! I took the police back to the scene of events and showed them the stick I had flung into the woods. The pick up driver was long gone and the police had no real case. Based on the "factual" statements of onlookers or witnesses I could be in jail now. Now, I know that if I had never allowed myself to get invloved in such a stupid situation none of the above would have ever happened. Sometimes we do silly things, and sometimes people see stuff a different way than it actually happened. I'm not saying it always happens this way, I'm just saying that it could. Sorry for the length of this read. Just thought it required my .02¢.

good for you steve but it really does not relate. This guy was in possessoin of a brand new blackberry phone. You were not in possession of baseball bat dripping with the blood of someone who had been assaulted.

You folks keep trying to throw doubt into this case but the facts are still there. guy is in possession of a brand new blackberry phone that must be pretty close to top shelf based on its quoted price. So the guy either stole it or he had to know he was buying this thing at a huge discount. Now maybe you routinely buy brand new items in parking lots at 75 percent discounts but I do not.

the point I have been making is pretty simple. If you're the reciever of stolen merchandise then you're just as guilty as the thief. if you don't create the market for the thief then you put the thief out of business.